6000pvrt goes around in circles

Started by libbor, November 03, 2008, 12:22:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

libbor

hi All, tonight i tried to do a fetch and what happens is the topfield tries to load icefiles and then seems to crash. it starts netloader, then tries to load ice files, then shuts down. While it is shut down it seems that the toppy hard drive makes some noise. then it starts up again ad the whole thing just keeps going. it did it last week too but seemed to fix itself. do you think i am getting a corrupt ice file.

thanks, Darren

tonymy01

Are you running JustEPG TAP?  That crashes with some ICEguide data sometimes.  I don't run that TAP, never have (sometimes enable it just to have a quick look at what people are reporting).   I run the "redkeydefaultEPG" tap which takes you to the multiview EPG without having to press the red key all the time, and that is enough for me.

If you aren't running that TAP, you can stop the Toppy running TAPs when it boots up by pressing the 0 key on the remote repeatedly until you see the aspect ration change.   This means it blocked taps too.   Then maybe you can get into the ICEguide folder with altair or maybe FTP and remove the corrupt iceguide info?
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).