Timers one hour out

Started by juzzman, October 01, 2008, 11:08:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vortical

Quote from: Daniel Hall on October 22, 2008, 04:40:30 PM
I have just confirmed that the Beyonwiz does update the tasks correctly if resent after updating the timezone settings. So the best steps are to change the timezone on the Sunday morning and then select the "Resend all recordings" via the My Account section of the website, then all timers will be updated to have the correct local time.

(The FAQ entry has been updated to reflect this as well)
http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/websupport.cgi?op=show_faq&faq_id=144&faq_cat_id=2

I did this on both my 7100 and my S1 and Ice Interactive killed all the timers in the Upcoming Timers list on the Ice Interactive wesbite
Even clicking on update doesn't seem to bring them back.

I also got some bizarre timers appearing after I got rid of all the old timers. ie timers set for 4am & 5am after I clicked resend all recordings.

In the end I had to manually select all the recordings in my Shows list and select the correct device and click record.

Edit:
So far the Topfield has received all it's timers after doing the above with 1.00.21 firmware
The Beyonwiz S1 seems to be struggling and all it's received is a bizarre timer dated 26/10/2008 at 4am-5:10am which is in the past.

Usually the Beyonwiz is the first to get it's timers. it's set to +8GMT with DST enabled.

tonymy01

Same happened for me when we changed 3 weeks ago.   However, I deleted the timers from the Wiz before doing the resend, which tells the ICE server that I didn't want them recorded for that week, so, as you did, had to choose "record" on each item individually and pray that the synch happened properly (missed a show or two that week as I missed a couple of my faves to choose "record" on... I have LOTS).
Presumably you have enabled the Wiz to be in DST mode now?   Is the Topfield 7K auto or manual DST?
edit:
When I chose the "resend all" option from my account preferences after doing the delete of all my timers, the only timers that ICE resent were some new ones that my 4am synch obviously didn't pick up, and 2 timers in the past, that show up grey with no names for the timers in the Wiz EPG, so the resend function seems to even resend a couple in the close past it seems?
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Vortical

Finally the beyonwiz got them all.

Just can't explain the timers that keep getting created in the past at 4am running for 70min.

I certainly hope DST gets cancelled in WA after this last trial year. Then we won't have to worry about things like this again