ReelTime Video on Demand

Started by prl, August 15, 2008, 12:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

In October 2007, an IceTV news item said that
QuoteIceTV & ReelTime have this week signed a content sharing agreement that will provide IceTV users with access to a range of ReelTime movie and television download titles, games and music content via IceTV’s two main websites

and that
Quotewe envisage that this unique ability and first to market feature will be made available to consumers in the near future

Since then, I don't think that there's been anything more from IceTV on the subject. Apparently the "near future" is more than nine months. ;)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

tonymy01

When was the float to get more funding about to start, when was the Nein litigation starting?
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

prl

Quote from: tonymy01 on August 15, 2008, 01:39:13 PM
When was the float to get more funding about to start, when was the Nein litigation starting?

"IceTV Wins Court Case!!!" Thursday, August 9th, 2007
"Nine appeals the court decision" Wednesday, March 19th, 2008

I'm not sure when IceTV found out that Nine was going to appeal.

The float was on 18 Apr 2006, well before the ReelTime announcement.

Edit: It seems the Nine legal action caused the float to be abandoned.

Still, I couldn't find any "ReelTime Video On Demand: Paused" articles.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Matt at IceTV

IceTV was today granted special leave to appeal the recent decision made by the Full Court of the Federal Court to the High Court of Australia.

Go to the News section of our website for any further information.

Regards,

IceTV

General Manager
IceTV Pty
1300 654 803

Matt at IceTV

Reeltime Media became insolvent in late 2007 and hence there has been no more developments with this.

The great news however is that we are working with another online content provider to deliver content through the IceTV Interactive service.

We will make an announcement regarding this as soon as we are closer to finalising the development and have come to an agreement with the content provider.

Regards,

IceTV
General Manager
IceTV Pty
1300 654 803