SBS 2 guide

Started by emchanhicks, September 12, 2008, 04:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emchanhicks

I cannot find any guide listing for SBS 2?

OzRob

I think it's called SBS World News Digital now.

Matt at IceTV

Quote from: OzRob on September 12, 2008, 04:59:50 PM
I think it's called SBS World News Digital now.

Yes this is correct. SBS2 is SBS World Digital News.
General Manager
IceTV Pty
1300 654 803

sirius

I've also been trying to work out where the SBS 2 guide data went.

SBS World News has always been there as well and is different programming to SBS 2.

So what realy happened to SBS 2 data?

tonymy01

SBS is only broadcasting SBS1, SBS2 and SBSHD.   SBS2 became SBS World News (or something like that) and if you rescan your STB would probably be named accordingly.  There is certainly not any more stuff they broadcast, the LCNs would be redirecting the PIDs to one of the main, news or "fako HD" channels.
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

sirius

I have rescanned several times today and I still get:

3 SBS
30 SBS HD
31 SBS 2
33 SBS World News Digital

SBS HD seems to mirror SBS content but SBS 2 has different content at times to SBS and SBS World News is always unique.

Please explain?

I'm in Brisbane if that makes any difference.

sirius

The following info is copied from SBS's site - http://www20.sbs.com.au/transmissions/#channelnames

QuoteDigital Services

The SBS digital television service consists of one High Definition (HD) TV service, one Standard Definition (SD) TV service, the World News Channel (SD), an additional TV channel (SD), and two radio services.

Please see below for the list of logical channel numbers and their new names, effective 4 June, 2007.

3 SBS (previously SBS Digital 1)

31 SBS 2 (previously SBS Digital, the EPG or SBS Essential)

Screens multi-view sporting events known as "Sports Highlights", and other digital only projects, when available. At other times, the main SBS digital channel (SBS) is transmitted.

33 SBS News (previously SBS Digital 2)

also known as the World News Channel

30 SBS HD

Note: the change you are refering to happened back in June 2007. IceTV had program data available for SBS 2 until quite recently.
Why has this changed?

tonymy01

Interesting.   I have only ever seen the standard SBS stuff on SBS2 (which is why I mentioned the PIDS from that LCN coming from the main channel).
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).