Window Media Center not recording through widget or iphone

Started by David, September 06, 2008, 07:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

I'm new to all this so forgive me is this has been covered. At least point me in the right direction

I've got the widget 2.2 installed and apparently working in that I can view program guide and ask for it to record things but it does not record them?

Also I have installed the iphone version on my iphone 3G and I can do the same as above and the requested recorded program shows up with the red dot on the PC and in Interactive on the website and visa versa but still does not record.

Also, and I'm not sure it's relevant, I can record something on the guide set up in the Windows Media Center manually but the widget and iphone version do not show that I have selected this on the computer?

It's like the Widget/iphone/interactive is not "talking to" the Windows media center.

Again I'm not sure if this is relevant but in Control panel System icon it says that I have Windows XP Media Center Edition Version 2002 Service pack 3 but the disk I reinstalled windows from recently said WIndows XP Media Center Version 2005 with update rollup 2 and I have since updated this through windows updates

Hope one of you gurus can help me get this working

Thanks in advance

kwebster

I second this - have exactly the same issues running 2.0.0.18 on Vista Media Centre

simonm2

same here.  Running Vista.
What's more, if IceTV interactive runs my machine grinds to a halt as interactive takes over cpu and ram.  The event log gives me this every 10 seconds or so....

Couldn't match IceTV program entry to MCE entry (program)
The matching channel was found, but there was no program in the MCE guide at that time.
- - - - - - SchedulerTimerTaskData
- - - - - - - Pimp Channel ID: 104
- - - - - - - Pimp Channel Name: Ten HD
- - - - - - - Pimp Network Name:
- - - - - - - Start: 21/08/2008 10:30:00 AM (21/08/2008 8:30:00 PM local)
- - - - - - - Duration: 01:00:00
- - - - - - - Recurrence: 0
- - - - - - - Last Error:
- - - - - - - MCE Channel Number: 1
- - - - - - - MCE Channel Name: Ten HD
- - - - - - - MCE Channel CallSign: Ten HD
- - - - - - - SE: <SEID SrvID="12" SourceId="0" PrID="0" Start="0001-01-01T00:00:00" Duration="P733346DT14H" ChID="1" />

lgale

Quote from: simonm2 on November 03, 2008, 11:42:00 PM
same here.  Running Vista.
What's more, if IceTV interactive runs my machine grinds to a halt as interactive takes over cpu and ram.  The event log gives me this every 10 seconds or so....

Couldn't match IceTV program entry to MCE entry (program)
The matching channel was found, but there was no program in the MCE guide at that time.
- - - - - - SchedulerTimerTaskData
- - - - - - - Pimp Channel ID: 104
- - - - - - - Pimp Channel Name: Ten HD
- - - - - - - Pimp Network Name:
- - - - - - - Start: 21/08/2008 10:30:00 AM (21/08/2008 8:30:00 PM local)
- - - - - - - Duration: 01:00:00
- - - - - - - Recurrence: 0
- - - - - - - Last Error:
- - - - - - - MCE Channel Number: 1
- - - - - - - MCE Channel Name: Ten HD
- - - - - - - MCE Channel CallSign: Ten HD
- - - - - - - SE: <SEID SrvID="12" SourceId="0" PrID="0" Start="0001-01-01T00:00:00" Duration="P733346DT14H" ChID="1" />

I'm having exactly this same issue (grinding to a halt, those messages in the event log). Did you manage to get anywhere with it?

I've sent of a support request, hopefully they know how to fix it :)