Custom padding for a single series

Started by Freefall, April 23, 2007, 01:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freefall

I gave up waiting for the Beyonwiz to come out so lashed out last week and bought a new media center PC with Vista.  I've set a few timers for series using PIMP and have configured the default padding, but my question is, is there a way to set custom padding for a single series?  For example, on Monday nights I record Mythbusters on SBS at 7:30, then at 8:30 I want to record Desperate Housewives and Supernatural.  My default padding is -4 and 15 minutes.  My media center pc has dual HD tuners.  With the default padding I'll get a timer conflict as one of the tuners is still in use recording the over padding for Mythbusters.  But, as I know that SBS never run over, they run short of their advertised times I'd like the Mythbusters series settings to have no extra padding at the end.  I can edit the series settings to do this in Media Center but not in PIMP, which defeats using PIMP to manage my media center box.

Is there something I'm missing in my PIMP setup or will this feature come in a later PIMP release?

Marc

This isn't possible right now, unfortunately.

We'll consider it for the future though.

mtb

Just wanting to revive this old request to see if this is still under consideration, either as individual series settings or perhaps as a set of time slots e.g. daytime has one set of padding criteria, evening another and late night yet another?
Beyonwiz DP-P2, Epson EH-TW5500, Pioneer VSXLX52 & BDP-320, Screen Technics 100” screen, WD Live TV x2, 6Tb NAS (Linux)
Beyonwiz DP-S1, VIERA TH-42PA60A
HTC Desire (rooted) Froyo
Topfield 5000MP

csutak40

Quote from: mtb on December 05, 2008, 11:54:37 PM
Just wanting to revive this old request to see if this is still under consideration, either as individual series settings or perhaps as a set of time slots e.g. daytime has one set of padding criteria, evening another and late night yet another?
I second that.  ;D  I have a Toppy and only use my Media Centre when the show is either HD (which my Toppy isn't  :'( ) or on the rare occasion when I want to record more than two shows at once.  I still come across problems every so often - even when two shows follow each other on the same channel.  The padding on the first cancels the second.  Being able to set individual padding for different shows, and/or have a merge function would solve this problem.
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,