Weird problem with series recordings

Started by csutak40, August 27, 2008, 07:55:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

csutak40

Lately this keeps happening.  I set a series recording, then I notice that it isn't showing as an upcoming recording.  So, I figure I must have done it wrong and do it again.  I then go to look at the list of all the set timers (must admit, I have trouble finding that list half the time  :-[) and discover that I now have two (or more) timers for the same programme.  Yet, unless I set it again, it just doesn't record (it happened yesterday with NCIS)  I just checked - I do have two timers set for NCIS, both exactly the same (I set one last night after I discovered that it didn't record.

I have just noticed that no new guide had downloaded since Sunday.  I just started manually downloading it, it has been sitting there for 5 minutes with "0% complete" showing.  Just as I started writing this, it started to slowly download, the amount of time it took me to write this, it is now up to 2% (I am on ADSL2+, btw) Ooh, goodie, now 3%.  Ok, I will now wait until it finishes.
I was going to write this in a separate post, but the two things may be connected.  I just rebooted the system and the widget keeps crashing "Yahoo! Widgets has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience."  I tried several times, then tried to reboot again, same error.  Is anyone else having a problem?

Ok. now up to 4%.  Finished!  It took 8 minutes since I started writing this, so all together a good 13 minutes.  I just checked, still don't have most of Tuesday.  (I just wanted to see if it will set NCIS for next week) 

So, to recap, there is something wrong with my series recording, something wrong with the guide auto download and something wrong with the widget.  I have lost ABC2 ages ago, going to rescan it all one of these days, but trouble is, it keeps happening. Otherwise everything works fine  ;D
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

OzRob

Quote from: csutak40 on August 27, 2008, 07:55:05 AMI was going to write this in a separate post, but the two things may be connected.  I just rebooted the system and the widget keeps crashing "Yahoo! Widgets has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience."  I tried several times, then tried to reboot again, same error.  Is anyone else having a problem?

Don't have your other problems, but I'm getting this one as of this morning.

tonymy01

I got ADSL2 speed limited a couple of weeks ago (thanks Optus for not telling me when you shifted me to ADSL2 that there is no offpeak, and upstream is counted to the quota now, thanks a lot!!) and at 128kbit/s I found the ICE widget would struggle to get data (when I was d/l at the same time mind you).   If I rebooted (something I don't do very often actually, but had to install some bluetooth drivers), I would find the widget would either crash and not start, or start up but be completely empty.   This has been happening over the last 3 or 4 days.
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

csutak40

Quote from: tonymy01 on August 27, 2008, 11:00:09 AM
I got ADSL2 speed limited a couple of weeks ago (thanks Optus for not telling me when you shifted me to ADSL2 that there is no offpeak, and upstream is counted to the quota now, thanks a lot!!) and at 128kbit/s I found the ICE widget would struggle to get data (when I was d/l at the same time mind you).   If I rebooted (something I don't do very often actually, but had to install some bluetooth drivers), I would find the widget would either crash and not start, or start up but be completely empty.   This has been happening over the last 3 or 4 days.
Regards

That isn't the cause here, still have plenty of bandwidth and my upstream is definitely not quoted, everything else is at normal speed.
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

lowerowe

"I set a series recording, then I notice that it isn't showing as an upcoming recording.  So, I figure I must have done it wrong and do it again.  I then go to look at the list of all the set timers (must admit, I have trouble finding that list half the time  Embarrassed) and discover that I now have two (or more) timers for the same programme."

i have this problem as well, i set the series record and the bloddy thing doesnt record

can anyone help?