Have just purchased a Topfield TF7100hdpvrT HAVE QUESTIONS

Started by larikn, August 10, 2008, 10:05:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

larikn

::)Firstly I registered for the trial from IceTv and downloaded the file then moved it to the Topfield. The EPG interface looks nothing like what I expected and I could not even work out how to select a program to record. IS this what I am supposed to do ?

Then I read further on the IceTv site and read about Interactive. I can understand how to make favourites etc but how do I send that list to my Topfield.....?????

tonymy01

I don't have a 7100 (I have a beyonwiz) but can perhaps provide a couple of hints.
1.  The EPG interface in your PVR is the one provided by your PVR supplier, the only thing ICE does here is provides the data to fill it.
2.  For the Beyonwiz, you have to setup a "device" on the ICE webpages, and then on the Beyonwiz, make sure that you point it to that same device that you setup on the ICE site (and of course put your username & password in).
Then once you have done this, you simply, from the ICE widget or Web pages, choose shows you want to record, and after some time, it will upload to your PVR (some time being about no more than once every 30minutes or so).
Of course you can set timers from your Topfield EPG (hit the "REC" key on an EPG entry probably if it is anything like the Topfield 5K and the Beyonwiz).   But if you want to use interactive, this is done via the ICE Widget on your PC/Mac, or ICE Webpages (which are also supported on a mobile phone with web access), or Iphone application now too.
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

larikn

Thanks very much for your feedback.

1. The EPG interface in your PVR is the one provided by your PVR supplier, the only thing ICE does here is provides the data to fill it.
                            Understand
2.  For the Beyonwiz, you have to setup a "device" on the ICE webpages
                              Done
and then on the Beyonwiz, make sure that you point it to that same device
                 How is this done with the Wiz ?

Marc

Hi larikn, it's possible Topfield haven't released their firmware for the 7100 that supports IceTV Interactive yet. They plan too soon, but you might be best getting in contact with them to see when that is as they're the ones implementing those features.

Matt at IceTV

Quote from: Marc-IceTV on August 10, 2008, 05:32:56 PM
Topfield haven't release their firmware for the 7100 that supports IceTV Interactive yet. They plan too soon, but you might be best getting in contact with them to see when that is as they're the ones implementing those features.

This is unfortunately correct. The current TF7100 firmware (.94) does not yet provide support for our IceTV Interactive features.

We have messages up on the IceTV website suggesting all customers to hold off on trying to run IceTV on their TF7100 until we have had time to accurately test the next firmware and can guarantee that all of our interactive features work. Topfield have suggested that they will be releasing a firmware update in the coming weeks. Any questions regarding this should be directed to Topfield as IceTV has no control or influence over the time it takes their engineers to complete this development.

http://www.itopfield.com.au/

Cheers,

Matt
IceTV

General Manager
IceTV Pty
1300 654 803

larikn

OK Thanks guys. When I bought the Topfield, believe it or not I had no idea what I was buying. In fact I purchased it from DickSmith so I could return it in 14 Days in case it wasnt what I wanted. Ive been looking, reading, watching, since Sat Morning now and seems I have stumbled onto a pretty tricky device.

Appreciate your help.