ABC HDTV Melbourne only shows the Wiggles (Topfield TF7100)

Started by kidhazy, August 09, 2008, 12:34:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kidhazy

I've just hooked up my Topfield TF7100 to ICETV.

All channels work fine except ABC HDTV Melbourne which only shows the 8:25am entry for the Wiggles on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.   No other entries are shown for ABC HD.   

When I got to the Interactive Website I can see all the other entries for ABC HD under my account.

Has anyone seem something similar?

Thanks.
Thanks,
kidhazy.

tonymy01

ICE attempts to only show you the real HD shows (or now with 7&10 they also show the unique programming on those channels too), and this is the only HD that ABC is broadcasting at the moment.   Everything else is upscaled from SD and there is no point in recording it as it takes up more HDD space for the same quality as the SD channel.   If you don't like it like this (I certainly DO like it as I can see in a pinch when a HD show comes on, e.g the ABC Australian Parrots special in HD was amazing and I wouldn't have spotted that gem if it didn't stand out in the WIdget and Beyonwiz guide), there is an option in the ICE setup pages to copy the SD show details to the gaps in the HD channels.
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

kidhazy

Thanks Tony for the info on ABC SD v's ABC HD - interesting points.

I should have mentioned in my original post that I do have the "copy SD to HD" option ticked on my ICE account.  I do get to see the full EPG for ABC HD when I check the ICE website.  The info just doesn't seem to make it to the Topfield.

Thanks,
kidhazy.