Vista MCE Fiji Update

Started by Nigel Roden, August 07, 2008, 09:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nigel Roden

Hi Guys,
Any news, developments on any support yet?

thesmith

Yes... some sort of progress update would be great.

Marc

Sorry, the situation hasn't changed much.

We are still actively searching for a solution though.

Nigel Roden

It looks as though it will be possible only to import 3rd party  data for the guide in windows 7. Is there any plan from ice tv to allow the use of it's guide data in windows 7?

Nigel Roden

A little more about the guide process in windows 7 in the above link to The Green Button Any development/news  of icetv beta for windows 7?

Cheers

NiallG

Hi -

My IceTV subscription is about to expire - and since the new TVPack fixes are working now - I'm switching off my old (pre TVPack) system and will only be using TVPack + Win7. I'd really like to use your service still (appreciate the data quality when its there) - but basically it's not an option.

However - from my understanding of the EPG situation - Mike Hayton has only indicated he will release some notes at some point on how the MXF format works (and how to use loadmxf in Win7) - but this is only half the solution - and you will still need to figure out how to get around the db protection in TVPack. Because the db protection side is a sensitive area (involving copyright / breech of terms of use etc) - it's unlikely that anyone who does figure it out will post this information (as they could get in a lot of grief). 

That being said - it does look like it's definitely possible (from a coding pov) to get it working on TVPack (but no where near as 'easy' as the upcoming Win7 beta1+ release - which will provde a working loadmxf). Also - AFIK - you can already get samples of the MXF file's used (in a Web Service scenario) by setting your system up for a supported country like UK and capturing the temp files.

So the question is - are you guys actively investigating (from a code pov) how to get the EPG working on TVPack - or are you simply waiting for Mike Hayton (or someone else) to provide the MXF/loadmxf information to you? (and hence have given up on TVPack).

Niall

Nigel Roden

Hi Guys,
I know the document has not been released yet for the injection of guide data, but has there been any progress on the tvpack '08 or windows 7 pre beta's? I imagine there are quite a few of us that are keen to test if there is something avaliable.

Nigel Roden

Hey all,
Check this thread out - someone's making some progress! Any chance that ice tv can help?

dgaust

Hehe Nigel, you need to link to the thread  ;D

Nigel Roden

Thank you dgaust. I only saw that post late yesterday and started to get so excited and I forgot to link it. :)  I wish I could speak developer speak to help this development
The posibilities of the new format look great in win 7. I like the idea of having  shmicko fta and internet tv logos in the guide page in media centre? Also it looks like that the format can allow a lot more meta data?
I hope the guys from ice tv can get in and help develop something?
cheers