Vista MCE Fiji Update

Started by Nigel Roden, August 07, 2008, 09:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dforster

damn just upgraded with TV Pack and now iceTV does not work! should have read this first.

Msg to All. MICROSOFT TV PACK USES MICROSOFT EPG AND IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH ICE TV, INCLUDING INTERACTIVE.

TV Pack, did however fix a lot of problems on my 4 tuner MCE machine. Still got Beyonwiz working!

Look forward to an update from the Ice Team :)

turbojazz

just installed myself. thankfully created a system restore point so will be rolling back.
fiji epg please! :)

impact

Yep who cares about facebook apps - get the priorities right first...

1. Fiji update
2. N/A Channel 9

My subscription came up and only renewed for a short time... the clock is ticking... else I might just move elsewhere....

blaize

Any news on this ICEtv  ??? Just bought a new Media Centre PC and guess what has the TV pack installed and no guide now :(

Tony

OzRob

Quote from: impact on August 30, 2008, 08:34:40 PMMy subscription came up and only renewed for a short time... the clock is ticking... else I might just move elsewhere....

Where?

Marc

Quote from: blaize on August 31, 2008, 06:24:34 PMAny news on this ICEtv  ???
Fiji support is a huge priority for us. There's no news yet, but we're doing all we can to have support ASAP.

Nigel Roden

Hi Guys,
Any idea on the eta/date of support for the pack yet?
Cheers,
Nigel

rmlclaritas

hey guys

any further progress on icetv support of tv pack 2008 (fiji)

we really want to ship machines with official support for 2xdual tuners under ultimate and are having to hold off until icetv is sorted.

cheers
rob

dgaust

Talk to MS... they're the ones dragging the chain on this. Considering the changes that they made to the way guide data is imported and stored, it is undoubtedly requiring a lot of work to try and get it back to where it should be.

They've made a statement over at xpmediacentre.com.au saying that loading your own data into Mediacentre (this includes Ice) is not a supported scenario.

So start bugging them..... as an OEM you would have significantly more pull than IceTV when it comes to Microsoft.

Russell at IceTV

Hi guys,

We know there are a few of you using Fiji now, and we'd like nothing more than to be able to supply guide data for you.  Unfortunately, we've tried contacting Microsoft both locally and in the U.S. but have received very little in response so far.  We've also tried contacting several of our manufacturing partners and resellers, since this update is only being officially offered to OEMs.  We'll continue to try to plead our case, but at the moment we're having trouble finding any info on how to import third-party guide data into MCE with Fiji.  Statements have been made by Microsoft employees implying that there might be a method of loading guide data from a file on the hard drive, but so far we haven't seen anything to suggest that it's actually possible, or any info about the new guide data format.

dgaust: if you have a direct link to the forum post you mentioned, please feel free to post it here and we'll take a look.

Thanks,
Russell

dgaust

Here's the first one

And another from the same person who's indicated that it's their responsibility.

Russell at IceTV

dgaust: Thanks for the links.  Yes, those are the articles we've seen too, but it looks like nothing has been posted on the subject recently.  We're still trying to get more info on the new guide format and the ability to load guide data from a file, as Mike mentioned in the posts.

Thanks,
Russell

impact

Thanks to dgaust - at least we got a little response...

http://thegreenbutton.com/forums/thread/293888.aspx

"Im still working on typing up the information. However, it is low priority to me and as other things come up, it gets bumped down the todo list. Im hesitant to put a timeframe on it. It should be done in the next couple of months. The optimistic side of me is thinking weeks."

Mike is a nice guy - one of the nicer MS people around... however I am sure he is swamped with other things... and to worry about this little country - well.... We know the MS position.

Now I could say lets all email him, annoy the crap - but what would that achieve. Maybe praying to your respective god that it turns up in weeks and not months is a good thing >? Or maybe if just icetv contacts their MS rep in Aus to have the issue escalated, and somehow Mike is given some free time to write it up ?

Who knows - no solution.... Not even a slab of beer to Mike would help ?

sandman

Any update on this?  It is just a little bit important as a media centre builder has just shipped me a machine without the ability to use Ice and the FTA now/next/7 days is a joke.

Nigel Roden

Hi there Sandman,
It is sooo fustrating. I have been scouring the links in this thread and over at www.xpmediacentre.com.au any news for the white paper on how the new fiji update works with regard to eit guide data. It seems still quite a complex matter - I can't wait for ice tv support either, but from what I read around various forums it still is going to be a while before this arrives :( I can only hope it arrives sooner than later! Any further news, developments, links to the white paper yet?
Cheers,
Nigel