Vista MCE Fiji Update

Started by Nigel Roden, August 07, 2008, 09:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nigel Roden

Hi Guys,
Just wondering when there will support from icetv for the upcoming release of the Fiji update pack for Vista MCE.

menzy

This would be great if we can still use ICE! Any idea on when it will be implemented?

Nigel Roden

Apparently (according to my friend google and www.xpmediacentre.com.au) the final release of fiji (Media Centre TV Pack 2008) is due during Cedia or something - between the 3rd - 9th of September
Cheers
Nigel

menzy

It is due out then but like most things it is already on the web if you know where to look.... and i noticed that the ice guide does not work with the update.... so i was wondering if Ice would be implementing this update into a release and when could we expect it?

leyton01

2nd that need for work on it now so ICE will function as soon as Fiji is realeased 'officially'.  Beta testers needed? :D

Nigel Roden

3rd that! Ready and willing to beta test!

Russell at IceTV

Hi guys,

We're definitely looking into Fiji to see how we can best get our stuff working with it.  As soon as we have something for you to try out we'll be sure and let you know.  Sorry I don't have a time estimate at the moment, but we're definitely working on it.

Thanks,
Russell

impact

And although it has changed.... Microsoft have made statements in other forums that there are 2 KB's on the subject describing how it could be done. It is no longer done via a webservice, and that it is now performed via supplied command line interface. They also went on to say, that although they dont / wont support 3rd part / external epg providers - they will supply the required information to those who need it.

So I would hope the dialogue is open - and it is not far away, considering all their offers of help

slimf

I also want to update to Fiji - so count me as a vote for an update to IceTV.. actually - count me as 5 votes as I have 4 mates with Vista Media Center and they all beg me to update their PC's and keep them uptodate and most of them want more than two tuner support so I will be updating them as soon as IceTV get a FiJi compatible version ready.

mrmessy

rmlclaritas

bump ;)

we would be very keen for icetv to work with fiji.

while fiji is able to pull the guide from the broadcast signal we are conscerned about the reliability of recording a series given the free to air guide data may change.

if you guys could source the information from microsoft and update ice asap we would appreciate it.

kind regards
rob

mrmessy

even if the IceTV software could fill in the blanks with the FTA guide, as I have noticed that the FTA guide data has more specific show info (ie. it displays a summary of what's happening in the show, not just a generic description of the show)

dgaust

Just wait until you try to record a sporting event or saturday night movie on channel Nein.... instead of the event name they use "Wide World of Sports" or "Saturday Night at the Movies" and include the actual title in the description. They also scream at you (use all CAPITALS)....

The EIT data is a complete shambles, and not worth using.

I've not 'upgraded' to the TV pack until Ice have provided the ability for me to inject their listings into it.

moocow

any idea when ICE TV will be available for it?

Marc

Sorry, no date yet. It's a very, very high priority though.