Merging programs and padding

Started by csutak40, July 29, 2008, 04:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

csutak40

I am not sure if this is a Media Center problem or  IceTV.  When two programs follow each other (even when they are the same show, i.e. Monk) the second one will "clash" with the first.  Is there a way of fixing this?  With Monk, I have now put a 90 minute "padding" on it, so the first show ends up recording both, but there must be a better way?

Also, is there a way of putting a padding at the beginning of a show?  I have had a few occasions when the show started earlier than advertised (on Channel 10 HD), so ended up missing the first few minutes.
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

tonymy01

ICE is not responsible for any padding.   It would be nice if they considered to allow joining of adjacent progs however.    I like the Beyonwiz complete soft padding solution as it won't add padding to the timer until it needs to fire up and start recording, so there will be no clashes detected and the Wiz will simply see another timer on the same channel and start recording it adjacent to the 1st show (but normally the tail end of one show ends up in the next recording... better than losing a recording altogether).
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).