Burn Notice - guide doesn't match adds

Started by Chuckles, July 20, 2008, 05:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuckles

I notice that the Ice Guide is showing Burn Notice starting at 10:00pm on Channel Ten in Melbourne, whereas their advertisements are saying 9:30pm.

Mitch IceGuide

Hi and thanks. It has been adjusted accordingly.

mscheurer

Lovely, another half show recorded...

I'd like to know why EyeTV didn't pick up the change, it's set to check every hour!

martymonster

Quote from: Mitch IceGuide on July 21, 2008, 11:42:39 AM
Hi and thanks. It has been adjusted accordingly.
Pity it does not update the scheduled recording. (change the start time for you from 22:00 TO 21:30)
I did not know about the change so the first 30 mins was not recorded.
So much for NEVER missing a show.
This was on my BW S1.

mscheurer

The lack of response from Ice on all these issues is astonishing...

Maybe they should stop playing with their iPhones and get this service working again!

martymonster

Quote from: mscheurer on July 23, 2008, 09:32:03 PM
The lack of response from Ice on all these issues is astonishing...

Maybe they should stop playing with their iPhones and get this service working again!

Maybe, they do not even respond to support request made from their official web site in their official support contact.
Not only did I miss the first 20 mins of Burn Notice, but now missed the last 30 mins of Prison Break as it started 1 hour later than the time when ICE scheduled it.

This is pretty disgusting for a paid service.
Missed recordings (due to start time changes not being made)
No response to problems submitted to the support group via their web site.
That and the Ch 9 probs, is it ONLY ICE that has a problem with CH 9 as other EPGs seem to have all of CH 9 programs updated.

Makes me really wonder about renewing my subscription when it falls due.
Not happy....

Mitch IceGuide

The original message on this thread was appreciated and acted upon. As most of you know, there are a number of devices out there (PVR's). IceTV can't possibly be responsible for the short-comings (perceived or not) of some of them.

As for only IceTV having an 'issue' with Channel Nine, this is true. Makes you wonder why? Becuase they know we're more accurate than anything else out there. I will give you an example. Check out your 'free' EPG's out there for the Golf next weekend on TEN-HD. Bridgestone Invitational. You will note they all have it as 'MotorSport'. Check out Channel Seven Friday Night and note they have all scheduled a movie for only one hour.

The list is actually endless. I understand the frustration of missed recordings and yes, occassionally the finger can be pointed firmly in our direction. But not much. Many inaccuracies and 'botch-ups' are picked up way before most know - as they should be for this paid service. I would have thought and hoped that given these other guides have full co-operation of the Networks they might be a little more accurate. They are not. I'm surprised at the comment regarding response to queries through the website. I shall look into that but note that if you call the number listed, you will more often than not get a real human very willing to help you through the issues. Even issues to do with the hardware that has zilch to do with IceTV. I'm sorry your particular experience has been otherwise.

tonymy01

Hi Mitch, I appreciate the effort you guys have to go to to update the schedule to make it as accurate as possible.
Mitch, the number one burning question is: if the scheduled TV show changes, and is updated in the ICETV database, does ICETV also send down a "delete timer" and an "add timer" for that show if ICE knows the schedule has changed for it?   In my experience with the Beyonwiz this appears to not be happening?
There is scant information about how ICETV Remote/Interactive really works.   As the polling times are long, it is hard to experiment with it even to attempt to work out some of its quirks.
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Mitch IceGuide

Hi. I'm not shy about saying I'd be guessing at an answer to that but .... our tech guys WILL have answers for you. I've forwarded this to them. Let me know on this thread how it goes for you please. Cheers.

martymonster

Quote from: Mitch IceGuide on July 26, 2008, 12:59:01 PM

I'm surprised at the comment regarding response to queries through the website. I shall look into that but note that if you call the number listed, you will more often than not get a real human very willing to help you through the issues. Even issues to do with the hardware that has zilch to do with IceTV. I'm sorry your particular experience has been otherwise.

I have raised 2 SUPPORT requests via the Ice website using the CONTACTS section and choosing SUPPORT.
Both have received the automated response and since then, NOTHING.

Case 5574  this was the 12th July

Case 6618  this was 23rd July and is the important one.

Neither have had any comments added from ICETV and I have not heard from ICE either.
I notice that in the 11 days since the first one, the case nbr has increased by over 1000, does this mean that there have been over 1000 other problems/requests reported in those 11 days?

Alex P

Hi martymonster,

I've emailed you in regards to that issue.

csutak40

Quote from: Mitch IceGuide on July 26, 2008, 12:59:01 PM
T I'm surprised at the comment regarding response to queries through the website. I shall look into that but note that if you call the number listed, you will more often than not get a real human very willing to help you through the issues. Even issues to do with the hardware that has zilch to do with IceTV. I'm sorry your particular experience has been otherwise.

I have always found the humans very willing to help and I do phone most of the time.  I must say though (and this may be what the original person was complaining about) when I write in, I usually get a reply with "thank you for your message, we have received it and will get back to you asap"  but I rarely get a follow up.  In the cases that I wrote about, I have either ended up phoning up, or (in the case of an EPG error) noted that the adjustment has been made, so I got my "answer" that way, but I didn't actually get an email to inform me of this.  I didn't let that bother me too much, because I got my answer anyway, but did think a few times that a reply would have been nice
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

RogerTF1

Quote from: Mitch IceGuide on July 26, 2008, 08:06:22 PM
Hi. I'm not shy about saying I'd be guessing at an answer to that but .... our tech guys WILL have answers for you. I've forwarded this to them. Let me know on this thread how it goes for you please. Cheers.

Hi Mitch

Did you get an answer for this from the tech guys?

Regards

Roger

Daniel Hall at IceTV

The system is setup so that timers track shows rather than time slots, so if a showing changes times then what is designed to happen is that a new timer will get created for the new timeslot and the old timer is removed, with both a new timer creation message for the new timeslot and a forget message for the old timeslot being sent down to the device.

There is currently a bug in the system that means that the recording for the old timeslot is not being removed, so two timers will be in the system for the show (this is reason that people have been getting weird phantom recordings being added to the schedule), we know of the issue and are working on a fix but unfortunately do not have a firm time frame for this to be resolved.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

tonymy01

Excellent update for us Daniel, thanks for that.   Now, when are we going to thank you for fixing it? :-)
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).