All EPG items 2 minutes late

Started by recur, October 02, 2005, 10:17:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

recur

I seem to have a strange situation on my Masterpiece PVR in that all of the items in the IceTV EPG are all scheduled 2 minutes later than the time they should be.

Eg shows scheduled for 8pm - 8:30pm are set up to start at 8:02pm and finish at 8:02pm.

This is the same across all channels.

I have updated the EPG and also restarted the PVR, all to no avail.

Any ideas / reasons as to why this may be the case?

peteru

It sounds like your Masterpiece PVR is set to "Manual", rather than "Automatic" time.

recur

merceroz

I too have the same issue.  But by 1 minute.  I too have the time set to manual.  I've done this because the time broadcast by the networks has the habit of being all over the place - which isn't good for recording.

So why is this an issue?  Why can't I use manual time and display the correct time?

Thanks

Gareth

Daniel Hall at IceTV

QuoteI too have the same issue.  But by 1 minute.  I too have the time set to manual.  I've done this because the time broadcast by the networks has the habit of being all over the place - which isn't good for recording.

So why is this an issue?  Why can't I use manual time and display the correct time?

Thanks

Gareth

The guide data gets loaded into the Topfield as UTC and then has the timezone information attached. In manual mode the Topfield does not have an option to set the UTC offset and the way it calculates this is by calculating the time difference between the time that is set and the time that is being sent out through the broadcast.

This means that if the time is out then this is taken into affect. In your case at the moment it means that the time difference between the time on the Topfield is 11 hours and 1 minute (for Sydney, which is currently at +10 UTC) instead of the 11 hours that would make it correct.

Hope this clears it up a bit.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

tonymy01

I notified Jai of this problem months ago, and he didn't seem to think it was one... grrr.

There are a couple of simple solutions to this:
1. don't base *anything* on the broadcaster time, thus have a manual GMT offset to setup for manual time.
2. GMT offsets world wide are, what, 30min resolution (maybe 15min?) so once the Toppy does the maths to calculate the offset, round to the nearest 15mins.

These are both very easy to implement, if only we had real communications to the Koreans rather than the Topfield Australia brick wall, where only the tiniest tid-bits of our complaints get through to the Koreans.
Heck, who here has tested the 15 Nov 2005 f/w?   It doesn't contain *any* of the fixes in it that the Brits got with their October f/w (such as GMT offset setting, auto-daylight savings etc etc).
Grr.....   Topfield-Australia, pick up your game.
Sorry for the rant but I spent about 3hours writing up what I thought were the important bugs that Topfield should sort out in about May or June this year, and not one of them have been seen to.
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

dJOS

After Comments like that im not touching the Nov15 FW!  >:(
My Home Theatre Project

Quad Tuner 7MC box now replaced by 2x TiVo's HD's by order of the Wife!

tonymy01

There must be 2 versions of Nov15 f/w, because I still experienced "check your reservation", where as others are claiming this is fixed with the beta on Topfields site.
You should at least try it, it isn't any worse than the July f/w....
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

dJOS

QuoteThere must be 2 versions of Nov15 f/w, because I still experienced "check your reservation", where as others are claiming this is fixed with the beta on Topfields site.
You should at least try it, it isn't any worse than the July f/w....

Hmm, tempting - I do have a copy so I might.  :-/
My Home Theatre Project

Quad Tuner 7MC box now replaced by 2x TiVo's HD's by order of the Wife!

merceroz

The guide data gets loaded into the Topfield as UTC and then has the timezone information attached. In manual mode the Topfield does not have an option to set the UTC offset and the way it calculates this is by calculating the time difference between the time that is set and the time that is being sent out through the broadcast.

This means that if the time is out then this is taken into affect. In your case at the moment it means that the time difference between the time on the Topfield is 11 hours and 1 minute (for Sydney, which is currently at +10 UTC) instead of the 11 hours that would make it correct.

Hope this clears it up a bit.

Thanks that makes sense.