Does ICE change a timer which is already set if the schedule changes?

Started by RogerTF1, July 24, 2008, 09:07:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RogerTF1

I missed the first half of burn notice which changed from a 10 pm start to a 9:30 pm start at some point after interactive had set my timer.

Someone else has posted that ICE  updated the schedule at about 11am the day of the show.

I am a little complacent now and just rely upon ice to catch and schedule changes. I can put this one down to "oh well things dont always work out" but I wanted to make sure that I didn't have a fundamental misunderstanding about the technology.
I have set a couple of view only timers - one at 4pm (35 min) and one at 6:45 pm (16 min) to catch late breaking ICE changes.

That's because I assume that if a show changes in a timeslot ICE will tell Wiz to dump the previously scheduled recording and replace it with a new one.
That is how its supposed to work isn't it?

(I've posted this at the Wiz forum http://www.beyonwiz.com.au/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2457&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 but thought I might ask the same here)

RogerTF1

Come on - surely this is a really simple question for ICE/Beyonwiz to answer. We've had some guesses (including some fairly informed ones) on the other forum. But a simple definitive answer from ICE would be nice.
If a show changes in a timeslot will ICE tell Wiz to dump the previously scheduled recording and replace it with a new one?

bruiser333

Roger,

It looks like Ice have made some sort of commitment to answer essentially the same question as yours on this thread. Like you, I am eagerly awaiting their response...

Cheers,

Bruiser

RogerTF1