abc 1 only shows one day ahead in the eyetv guide

Started by sunfish, May 18, 2008, 10:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunfish

using eyetv 2.5.2
for quite a while now abc 1 only appears about 24 hours ahead in the eyetv guide. Since I have found that using pimp to prompt recordings will not always work , i generally use the eyetv guide to prompt a programme to  record using eyetv rather than pimp.
However if abc 1 is only there for one day ahead in effect .  i can only schedule programmes to be recording 24 hours in advance using eyetv. Since abc 1 is my favourite channel this is quite frustrating .
ABC1 used to update as per the other channels but not any more for several months now .
Other channels appear ok with up to a week ahead showing in the guide . I have tried using the update DVB and the ICETV in eyetv to prompt but no luck .
Is this a bug or something I am doing wrong .
I have emailed iceTV  support about this but received no reply .

sunfish

I am in Cairns by the way . Maybe its got something to do with the "Deep North" .

sunfish

well , since i have posted this at the forum for several days now ,  and no one has posted a response (no fault of the forum) , and I have emailed support about this issue without a response  , it appears there is no solution , but to email support again . yaawwn 
not happy about it really .

sunfish

now it doesn't show at all  , even on the day in the present  :-[

Marc

Hi, I'm not sure I have an answer to your problem.

At first glance it seems likely to be an EyeTV issue, not an IceTV one.

A possible solution: Run Elgato's "Master Cleanser" script. This will reset all your preferences (but won't delete recordings) and will let you set everything up from scratch again, clearing out any potential previous gremlins.

It can be downloaded here: http://forums.elgato.com/download.php?id=149

It might also be a good idea to contact Elgato directly. It's also strange that you're finding Interactive unreliable for recordings. I'm currently using a Mac Mini with EyeTV and using the Interactive widget and website exclusively for scheduling recordings (mostly series records). It does take a few hours for EyeTV to get the recording request, but as long as you're not asking it to record at the last minute then you should be ok. For more info on how long it takes to schedule via Interactive, please read our support document on the topic.

sunfish

thanks I just tried deleting all my preferences and restarting .
when i restarted eyetv couldn't see my movie folder , had to retune the channels so presume i got rid of some prefs .
I will try the master cleanser .
I have a the mac os x 5.3 firewall running. when i start the computer it asks to give permission to some eyetv helper applications. I have eyetv application itself set to as allowed to make network or internet communications .

sunfish

oh and btw when i ask eyetv to check for programmes it seems to check only partially then stop prematurely .
thanks for your help with this .

Marc

Quote from: sunfish on June 01, 2008, 04:24:07 PMoh and btw when i ask eyetv to check for programmes it seems to check only partially then stop prematurely
That's quite strange.

Is it possible to try everything without the firewall? It's possible there's something being blocked, but you're not being told the network connection is failing.

sunfish

ok I am back to the problem i have had intermittently with icetv and the reason I stopped using IceTv to program recordings but only to update the tv guide . (and programed recording myself from this in EyeTv) .
I have run the master reset and let eyetv pickup the channels again . They all apear to have been seen by the tuner . All the channels that were there before have been seen again .
However any program set to record via eyetv now instead of having their title have "IceTv program" as their title with in italics"ABC1 (unvailable)" in the where column .

sunfish

well actually i have had eyetv running without the firewall upto today probably because I had turned it off and forgotten to turn it back on again . I just noticed this again and turned it on this morning .
but I will turn it off again and see it makes any difference.
Leaving the firewall off is definitely not my default setting except through mistake or negligence .

sunfish

ok i have turned the firewall off and restarted .

Eyetv hasn't been able to download any icetv tv program guides as of yet . I am not concerned by this as I have seen it take a while to pick them up after a fresh start in the past .
However after I ask it too look it eyetv asks me to run the setup assistant again .

horray it just picked them up again . looks like running the master pref reset did the trick .

thanks for your assistance with this .

If you could let me Know what the problem is when I get the scheduled recording  given the title IceTv program instead of the real name for the recording it would probably be of help .
thanks again David

sunfish

now eyetv has run with icetv a little while . I have the confusing set up where i have scheduled programs with "ABC1 (unavailable)" in the Where column of the eytev schedules pane .
But ABC1 is available . I can receive from it . Eyetv is seeing it . why does the schedule tell me it is "unavailable", and direcetly underneath it the same show is set to record appears to be properly set to record with the "where" column shown as 2 ABC1 .

Marc

Hmm. Sounds like EyeTV really isn't having a good time.

Maybe head over to the Elgato forum for some more help?
http://forums.elgato.com/

sunfish

ok the schedules which eyetv gave a generic name have now disappeared , seems to me they were where eyetv had instructions to make a recording via download from icetv  at a given time but didn't yet have a name to give the recording because it hadn't yet received "the guide" from icetv.
thanks to the full delete of preferences I now appear to be up an running again with no problems. Its been less than 24 hrs but eyetv appears to be receiving full guide on all channels  and also downloading and updating scheduled recording setup via icetv web interface.

thanks for your assistance and patience with this matter .

My only other comment on this is that I prefer the forum based troubleshooting format to the email support alternative. Reason being you can search for similar or identical problems to your own without bothering anybody . Also I would suggest that possibly this saves support staff a lot of work.
thanks D

Paul_G

Quote from: Marc-IceTV on June 01, 2008, 02:33:27 PM
A possible solution: Run Elgato's "Master Cleanser" script. This will reset all your preferences (but won't delete recordings) and will let you set everything up from scratch again, clearing out any potential previous gremlins.

I've got the same problem. The other channels are up for days in advance, but ABC1 is only 24hrs (or even less). I ran the master cleanser and re-setup, but that made it worse - I now have ABC1 for tomorrow (still), but absolutely nothing else for any other channel. When I manually request the guide to update, it tells me I'm already up to date.

I'm using an Elgato Diversity with a MacBook C2D. I'm in Hobart.