"Future Programming" enhancement.

Started by j s, May 13, 2008, 11:08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc

So just to summarise and clarify, the things everyone seems to want are:

- To be able to see all new shows added
- To be able to series record or add a show as a favourite when it's not in the next 7 days (we've implemented part of this)
- Keyword based recording
- Keyword based favourites
- Some kind of notifications for upcoming shows and/or new series (email, RSS or some other method)

Please note that I'm not saying we're committing to these features, I'm just clarifying what's been said in this thread so we can take the feedback on board. Having said that, all the staff use the service, so chances are we want the things you want (and as you'd expect, we do have some new things already on the way).

prl

Hi Marc, all that sounds good.

This may be something that you intend to address anyway under "series record or add a show as a favourite when it's not in the next 7 days ", but there's a discrepancy between the Widget and the Web interface in setting recordings on shows that aren't currently showing.

If a show is in the IceTV database, but isn't currently showing, a recording can be set for it from the widget (if it's in My Shows), but not (so far as I can see) from the Web interface, either from My Shows or by searching in Most Popular (this year). Both interfaces allow the show to be set as a favourite.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing