Keyword Searches and Notifications

Started by parki, May 13, 2008, 09:29:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Checking into this one a bit and it seems that the actors for Mr & Mrs Smith are not actually part of the description but are listed separately in the actors and directors field separately (as they should be as well), but for some reason this is not being picked up by the search, I will get our engineers to check it out.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Russell at IceTV

Hi guys,

This should be working now (searching in the actors and director fields).  So when you search for "angelina jolie", you should get "Mr & Mrs Smith" in the results now, as long as you select either "Descriptions" or "Titles and descriptions" for the search type.  In other words, actors and directors are now included in the search whenever descriptions are included, but not if you just select "Titles" as the search type.

However, we may still have an issue with the same searches in Keyword Records and Keyword Favourites.  We're looking into that now, and will get back with you on that.

Also, just a head's up that we're looking into several other changes in the Interactive part of the web site, including several suggestions from the forums to make the Interactive pages easier to use and more consistent.  For example, being able to add and update recordings, go to a show's details page, specify SD/HD settings on all recordings, specify "prefer SD", other advanced search options (whole word? case sensitive?), filter the guide by genre, only show guide for one channel, and add previous/next links at the bottom of the guide for easier navigation.  I don't know when all of these will be added, but we're listening to what you're saying, and working on trying to get as many of them implemented as possible.  Thanks for the suggestions.

Russell

A_G

Can anyone let me know when keyword favourites/records show up in the schedule?

I have a keyword record for Andrew Rieu that has worked fine so I added one for "Clone Wars" last week (?) but it hasn't shown anything up. Just in case I was being too specific with the phrase I added a keyword favourite this week for simply clone wars but Saturday's show has not shown up yet...

Any help appreciated as I am still learning and persevering with the quirks...

Vortical

Try Deleting and recreating it

There were some changes made last night to help with keyword rec/fav.

I just tested it and it worked fine for both Title Only and Titile and Description keyword searches and the magnifying glass icons showed up in my upcoming timers list pretty much immediately.

A_G

Quote from: Vortical on December 10, 2008, 02:25:16 PM

I just tested it and it worked fine for both Title Only and Titile and Description keyword searches and the magnifying glass icons showed up in my upcoming timers list pretty much immediately.

No joy :( Tried a test with 'golf' and it worked fine but not with 'star wars'. Just one of those 'quirks' I guess... I have added a series record but would have been nice as a keyword.

Russell at IceTV

Quote from: russell on December 10, 2008, 10:52:00 AM
However, we may still have an issue with the same searches in Keyword Records and Keyword Favourites.  We're looking into that now, and will get back with you on that.

Searching for actors and directors with Keyword Records and Keyword Favourites should be working now as well.

Thanks,
Russell

A_G

Quote from: A_G on December 10, 2008, 03:17:49 PM
Quote from: Vortical on December 10, 2008, 02:25:16 PM

No joy :( Tried a test with 'golf' and it worked fine but not with 'star wars'. Just one of those 'quirks' I guess... I have added a series record but would have been nice as a keyword.

Just out of curiosity I left this overnight with 'star wars' (you know how computers work...) but again no joy. This morning I added a keyword favourite for 'wars' and a program came up called Robot Wars on Sunday but not Star Wars or Clone Wars on Saturday. Is this a problem with the search engine or something on my account?

Vortical

Well all I can say is it works here I tried 4 variants again today and left the search to the default checking titles only and it worked perfectly fine
It also works with the Titles & Descriptions Selected within the search window.

Star

Wars

Star Wars

Clone Wars

A_G

Quote from: Vortical on December 11, 2008, 11:30:54 AM
Well all I can say is it works here I tried 4 variants again today and left the search to the default checking titles only and it worked perfectly fine
It also works with the Titles & Descriptions Selected within the search window.

Star

Wars

Star Wars

Clone Wars

Thanks for that. I'll put it down to one of the quirks I have experienced in the last week (since I have started using IceTV). I have noticed that some of these seem to sort themselves out over time so things can only get better!

Marc

Quote from: A_G on December 11, 2008, 02:48:11 PMsome of these seem to sort themselves out over time so things can only get better!
We have full-time developers working on the site and backend, so bugs get squashed and new features are added daily (a good reason to report any issues or make suggestions... we do listen!).

Russell at IceTV

Quote from: A_G on December 11, 2008, 02:48:11 PM
I have noticed that some of these seem to sort themselves out over time so things can only get better!

Hi A_G,

We looked into the problem you were having, and found a bug in our system.  It was related to the fact that you had hidden a couple of channels for your region, and our web site was using the Keyword Recording you setup for "star wars" to schedule it on one of those hidden channels.  Hence the reason nobody else could duplicate the problem.  :)

Should be fixed now. Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for reporting it.

Russell

A_G

twitch

Is there an "OR" option for key wrok record. Seems the default is "AND" and there's no way to change it???

tonymy01

you could create another keyword which gives the same result as "OR" wouldn't it?
1 keyword:
Dogs Cats=progs only with both dogs AND cats
two keywords:
Dogs
Cats
=progs with dogs or cats.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Marc

Quote from: tonymy01 on January 27, 2009, 04:37:22 PMyou could create another keyword which gives the same result as "OR" wouldn't it?
Yes, that would do it.