Another "NASCAR" Guide Issue

Started by dJOS, April 29, 2008, 01:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dJOS

Ice guy's recently several of the NASCAR Nationwide brodacasts (eg the one just past) have been split into 2 segments in the guide incorrectly - they were labeled "saturday race" and "sunday race" when there is only ever a single nation wide race on only 1 day of any given weekend (sprint cup can sometimes have 2 races during a weekend but this isn't the norm). This is usually Saturday US time unless it is a standalone race (not paired with a "Sprint Cup" race) like the Mexico Race was.

The Race last weekend (and i've seen this at least once before) was listed as 2 consecutive timeslots, the first was 4:00am-5:00am, and the second was 5:00am - 6:30am IIRC.

If you guys at ICE are un-sure of a race format, can you please check the Marcos Ambrose (Aussie racer who moved to the USA to compete in NASCAR) website as he usually lists the next race and some details on his site (www.marcosambrose.com) or even Wikipedia which has tons of info on NASCAR?

I realise im not the most popular ICE customer here (due to my willingness to to call things as I see them) but I'd really appreciate it if you guy's would remember that i am a long-time paying customer who would like to get what he pays for (an accurate EPG for the purpose of easily recording TV series) and I have been a vocal proponent of your EPG service across the Aussie DTV, Topfield & other TV related forums.

I realise you guy's dont have the easiest of jobs and so on, but I only point out issues with the ICE Guide to help ICE improve the service. As a former Service Management Consultant I believe that the first priortity of managing customer issues is to communicate with the customer in a timely and honest manner even if you are unable assist them at the time. Silence and in-action is the fastest way to frustrate and anger a customer - this will rapidly undo hard earned goodwill.

Sincerely Derek.
My Home Theatre Project

Quad Tuner 7MC box now replaced by 2x TiVo's HD's by order of the Wife!

bodogbodog

Quote from: djos on April 29, 2008, 01:37:16 PMI realise im not the most popular ICE customer here (due to my willingness to to call things as I see them) but I'd really appreciate it if you guy's would remember that i am a long-time paying customer who would like to get what he pays for (an accurate EPG for the purpose of easily recording TV series)

You're popular with me - anyome else who watches NASCAR is popular with me!

I'm more a more junior member of the forums - but still pay my ICETV sub - and watch NASCAR so would like to see it setup in the guide correctly as well

What does it take?

Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

dJOS

Thanks for the support :) I was beginning to think I was the only ICE Subscriber who watches NASCAR.  :P
My Home Theatre Project

Quad Tuner 7MC box now replaced by 2x TiVo's HD's by order of the Wife!

GarFin

+1 from me....

I note this comming Saturday's TENHD telecasts STILL have the "event" or "Race name" as part of the show's "Series" name...

WHY cant the Series simply be called "Motor Sport: NASCAR" ???