*** Repeats on VMC broken ***

Started by dJOS, November 18, 2008, 05:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dJOS

Hi Guy's, I realsise with the "Nein Case" ongoing this is a tricky one, but is it possbile to more accurately identify which of these are repeats as my MC is currently getting flooded with the mostly the early season/episodes atm and wasting alot of HDD space!
My Home Theatre Project

Quad Tuner 7MC box now replaced by 2x TiVo's HD's by order of the Wife!

mscheurer

Switch the guide for 9 to DVB if you are using EyeTV, Ch 9 flags new shows with (*All New*)...

dJOS

No good for me, im using my Vista media center as per my sig below:
My Home Theatre Project

mscheurer

Sorry should have read that...  ::)

dJOS

My Home Theatre Project

Mitch IceGuide

I guess right now you could more easily ask Channel Nine to stop broadcasting repeats. Until they start indicating on promos that the episode is a repeat, we have little chance of knowing. Sorry, it's a pain but thank God for the delete function.

dJOS

I did some digging and until (& including) tuesday next week every single episode is a repeat!

Good old Nein eh, nothing decent to put on so we'll run 2.5 men repeats up to 3 times a day!!!  ::)
My Home Theatre Project

Madeleine IceGuide

Thanks, we will keep an eye on this.

The 7pm screenings of Two & A Half Men are always flagged as repeats. However, the later screenings can be a little trickier as they're often promoted as "New Adults Only Hour" or something similar.

We did observe that last night's 8.30pm episode was a repeat (you can tell when Jake suddenly looks 8 years old again) rather than a new episode. For now, unless 9 specifically promotes it as a "brand new episode" we will mark all episodes of Two & A Half Men as repeats.

Cheers

dJOS

My Home Theatre Project

dJOS

Hi Guy's, looks like most of the 2.5 Men shows on atm are repeats judging by the fact that most have an air date and have "(repeat)" in the description.

Can you please fix the repeat flags for VMC as im showing all of them are recording and it is causing series record clashes even with 4 Tuners cause Nein are spamming us with 8 a week atm! :(

AFAIK the only non-repeats are on Tuesday nights @ 8:30 PM - 9:00 PM, the rest are repeats.
My Home Theatre Project

Madeleine IceGuide

Hi djos

I just double-checked and from a guide point of view, all eps are correctly flagged in the schedule, ie. Tuesday 8.30pm is the only ep not repeat flagged. This appears to be a VMC-specific issue and similar to the problems some subscribers have had with Underbelly repeats.

I'll point it out to our technical team. Hopefully they can figure out what changed recently to create the problem!

Thanks

dJOS

Thanks for the super fast response Madeline :)
My Home Theatre Project

Russell at IceTV

Hi,

I think I have an explanation for you about what's happening with the repeat flags for "Two And A Half Men".  This is related to a similar discussion about the repeat flags on Underbelly that's been going on in another thread.  Take a look at the thread starting with this post from me -- in one of my posts below that, you'll see where I mention "Two And A Half Men", and my theory on what the problem is there:

http://www.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?topic=1662.msg7966#msg7966

Thanks,
Russell

Russell at IceTV

I've talked to the guide team about the situation with "Two And A Half Men", and I think we've come up with a plan.  When they come across a series like this that is normally episodic, but the episode isn't known yet, they'll assign an episode of "N/A".  This should cause MCE to treat it as an episodic series, and show the word "Repeat" when it's truly a repeat.  When they find out the real episode name, they'll change it in the guide.  You should start seeing this happen later today.

Russell

dJOS

Thank you.  8)

Btw, your solution works perfectly!  ;D
My Home Theatre Project