N/A Channel Nine for Win HD

Started by savman, October 01, 2008, 11:06:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

savman

I have set my HD channels to copy the SD guide data (tick box in profile) but a couple of weeks ago, i get heaps of  "N/A Channel Nine" instead of the copied SD data.  It was working when I first did it though.  How come it's only doing it for Win?

prl

Quote from: savman on October 01, 2008, 11:06:21 AM
I have set my HD channels to copy the SD guide data (tick box in profile) but a couple of weeks ago, i get heaps of  "N/A Channel Nine" instead of the copied SD data.  It was working when I first did it though.  How come it's only doing it for Win?
See my similar query in this forum, and IceTV's response.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

savman

were you duplicating your SD data to HD though?

Madeleine IceGuide

Hi

This changed when WIN began scheduling 9HD programs on their HD channel. Once a channel has a unique guide being compiled for it then the copy SD to HD flag can no longer be applied to that channel.

9HD programming is very limited (generally 3 - 4 shows 4 or 5 nights per week) and these are what appear on the WIN HD channel.

prl

Quote from: savman on October 01, 2008, 11:33:36 AM
were you duplicating your SD data to HD though?

No, I wasn't, but the existence of an entry in the HD guide will stop the SD entries from being copied over. In Madeline's reply to me, she says that at the times where they are showing N/A Channel Nine, either there isn't any HD programming (unique HD or multicast SD), or they're not able to work out whether there is or not. In either case, copying the SD guide to the HD guide would probably not work the way you want.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

savman

adleast i have an answer now, thanks for the replys.