Started by jillmess, June 16, 2022, 08:50:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jillmess

As above - getting a message on 72 saying
 7two Now on Channel 73 in HD
but 73 is not available in the guide settings for Wide Bay

grumpy_geoff

That happened 3 months ago.
https://tvblackbox.com.au/page/2022/03/09/channel-7-improves-free-to-air-picture-as-7two-moves-to-high-definition/

Are you in the Toowoomba broadcast market - do you get 7twoHD on LCN 63 (replacing the SD-version of 7mate)?

jillmess

Wide Bay - 7twoHD is LCN73 here but there is currently no option to select that in the guide settings.   

grumpy_geoff

Quote from: jillmess on June 17, 2022, 08:33:31 AMWide Bay - 7twoHD is LCN73 here but there is currently no option to select that in the guide settings. 

Okay, I was just guessing as to where you were.  According to the article -
[in early March] "Launching last week, 7TwoHD is currently being broadcast in the Sunshine Coast and Toowoomba markets on channel 63, and in other Seven Queensland regional markets on channel 73."
So you're in other than Sunshine Coast and Toowoomba broadcast markets - one that has it on LCN73 (as you say).

Additionally, it appears it's going to move very soon -
"A spokesperson for Seven Queensland has advised TV Blackbox that 7TwoHD will continue to be broadcast in its current position for the next three months. The HD channel will then be moved to Ch72 (ch62) with the SD service to be "discontinued shortly after"."
So it'll go back to LCN72.

There's a post on that article dated today -
"Rosemary 17 June 2022 At 6:25 pm
Somehow I can no longer receive channel 62 7TWO or 7MATE Toowoomba.. My TV and RECORDER WILL NOT transmit even after re-scanning several times. It informs us that 7TWO is now on Channel 63 in HD."

So it looks like the move is on now.

Doesn't help you much now though.