Main Menu

New shows

Started by Daniel Hall at IceTV, June 22, 2010, 03:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeb001

Quote from: BazzaG on March 25, 2022, 10:50:45 AMAlso returning at 7:30pm on Monday 18th April is:

The Voice

Already there
Adrian
Windows 7 Media Centre PC
Early days user of IceTV since it's inception in 2005

BazzaG

Two things ...

1. Oops, and
2. I did not get a email notification of aeb001's reply to this thread (which I have had multiple times in the past).

aeb001

Underbelly: Vanishing Act has been advertised for a while now & starts on sunday 3/4.
Adrian

BazzaG

Quote from: aeb001 on March 28, 2022, 08:03:55 AMUnderbelly: Vanishing Act has been advertised for a while now & starts on Sunday 3/4.

I posted about Underbelly and Barons back on the 22nd of March, see Post #460 above.

Neither are in the "New Shows" list a week later.

Also, in todays bi-weekly IceTV Newsletter we have the "Pick of the Week": Gomorrah, season 3 return on Thursday ... NOT in the "New Shows" list.

Also, Secrets of The Tower of London season 4 return 8:30pm TODAY ... again not in the "New Shows" list.

BazzaG

Living Black

Monday 18th April at 8:30pm on NITV.

BazzaG

The Weekly with Charlie Pickering

8:30pm Wednesday April 27th on ABC.

Doctor Who: Legend of the Sea Devils

Monday 18th April on ABC.

aeb001

Motorsport: Australian Motor Racing Series - '2022 - Round 1: Sydney Motorsports Park' - 7mate HD, 9:30am, Sat, 9 Apr 2022, 60 minutes < NEW

the follow were missed
Motorsport: Drag Racing - Top Fuel Championship
Motorsport: Australian Off Road Championships
Motorsport: ProMX Championships
Motorsport: World Endurance Championship

If we dont gewt told about them we dont know. The missed ones ive had to watch the previous rounds on catch up tv. I'd rather icetv flag all new shows as multiple people have requested
Adrian

MD

Hi,

It's actually "New Series".  We always intended the "New Series list" to be a selection chosen by us, not every single new series, coming or having just aired in the past week, on every channel in Australia.  You say "multiple people" but how many is that as the more we shove into the list the less people will read all through it as it will become unwieldy, hence we decided on a selection, not every one.  My advice is to ensure you are alerted to a "Motorsport" xxxx series or single episode by using it as a keyword favourite, just as you use favourites, but keyword rather than series title specific, then you'll see every one and can choose which ones to set to record.

aeb001

Quote from: MD on April 06, 2022, 08:03:06 PMHi,

It's actually "New Series".  We always intended the "New Series list" to be a selection chosen by us, not every single new series, coming or having just aired in the past week, on every channel in Australia.  You say "multiple people" but how many is that as the more we shove into the list the less people will read all through it as it will become unwieldy, hence we decided on a selection, not every one.  My advice is to ensure you are alerted to a "Motorsport" xxxx series or single episode by using it as a keyword favourite, just as you use favourites, but keyword rather than series title specific, then you'll see every one and can choose which ones to set to record.
[/quote

Bazza did just last week and ive seen other people request it in the past. The problem is there is no way for users to search for new shows in the guide so the only way is for icetv to flag them. I'm not just talking motorsport. these are just the ones missed in the last 2 weeks. I'm talking all types of shows. Fishing, drama, sitcoms, comedy, etc.

If there was a way for us to search the guide for them then it could be laid to rest
Adrian

BazzaG

I second that request.

MD

Use Keyword Favourites as I suggested as this is exactly what they are for. We will not clutter up the New Series list with a smorgasbord of topics that have specific user groups.

aeb001

World's Greatest Cars - 'Sportscars' - 9Rush Gold Coast, 7:30pm, Wed, 27 Apr 2022, 60 minutes - S01E01 < NEW
Carspotting - 'Woulda, Shoulda, 'Cuda' - 9Rush Gold Coast, 9:30pm, Wed, 27 Apr 2022, 60 minutes - S01E01 > NEW
Adrian

Lisa

Hi Adrian,

Thankyou for your email. These Programs have now been added to the New Shows list.

cheers, Lisa
IceTV Guide Team

aeb001

SHORESY | Starts 9:35PM June 8 on SBS VICELAND.
Adrian

aeb001

NCIS: Hawai'i > re-premiers this week but isnt marked as a new show for those people that missed the one off pilot
Adrian