WizV2 Auto timer will not update but EPG does

Started by mettech97, January 23, 2021, 06:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mettech97

I have been having problems controlling which programs are being recorded on a WizV2. I had used a mixture of adding series to be recorded via Wiz and removing most of the repeats by removing that episode on IceTV. I finally realised that I may be causing problems by mixing and matching how the recordings are entered. I decided that I am more familiar with the IceTv portal than I am using the remote of the Wiz and so I used the remote to navigate to the autotimers and then I manually deleted every autotimer.   

I used the remote to navigate to the IceTV version 2019021 app and selected to fetch EPG and update timers. While the EPG displayed correctly, the series I want to record were not displaying in red to show that they will be recorded. I double checked this by using the remote to navigate to the autotimers folder which was empty.

I logged into the IceTV portal, account, my recorders, strangely there were two Wiz recorders listed and so I renamed the top one from the fault Beyondwiz V2 to loungeroom and removed the second instance. I then chose to resend all recordings. I used the remote to navigate to the IceTV version 2019021 app and checked the log. The log showed that both the EPG and the timers had been received. Unfortunately, the EPG does not show any of my recordings in red and the Wiz autotimers folder is empty.

When I went back to the IceTV portal, my account there was another second device listed as  Beyondwiz V2. This time around I have left it alone.

It is not a timing issue because I have documented my processes and I am a very slow typist.

Cheers, Colin

MD

Hi Colin,

Can you simply go to the V2's IceTV plug in and using choice 1 get it to update EPG and timers. This forces an update and saves me waiting 15 minutes. Then I'll know which PVR is which and can copy the recordings to the right one. At the moment lounge room is logging in.

MD

OK, LoungeRoom is logging in and has set the single recording it had for this evening, the one called V2 isn't logging at all and hasn't since 16:57 when I guess you changed the name. I have, via the IceTV website My Recorders section of your account, copied all the V2 recordings to LoungeRoom which will all set on its next login.

Regarding Beyonwiz auto timers, we advise that hey are never used if you use IceTV as they are not synchronised to your IceTV account so timer collisions can occur when all the recordings are not visible at the IceTV UI.

Once you are certain LoungeRoom is OK delete the other V2 from your My Recorders section of your account (assuming you don't have two).

IanL-S

I agree with MD that using AutoTimers when also using IceTV is not a good idea. Just use IceTV; if you want to do a one off recording directly on the V2 that is OK, just make sure that you do not end up with auto timer instead.

I speak from experience with this one.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

grumpy_geoff

Quote from: IanL-S on January 23, 2021, 08:12:34 PM
I agree with MD that using AutoTimers when also using IceTV is not a good idea. J

As a blanket statement, that is wrong in my opinion.
AutoTimers add functionality that does not exist in IceTV smart scheduling (some functionality used to exist, but IceTV removed those features).
I use AutoTimers and IceTV on my T2 and T4 without issue - period.

prl

In some ways, AutoTimers are likely to work better with IceTV than with the FTA EPG, because the IceTV EPG is cleaner and more consistent.

I know that there are a number of regulars on the Beyonwiz forum who use AutoTimers in conjunction with IceTV. One fairly common use for AutoTimers with IceTV is to catch specific regular news broadcasts.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

csutak40

Quote from: prl on January 24, 2021, 10:14:34 AM
In some ways, AutoTimers are likely to work better with IceTV than with the FTA EPG, because the IceTV EPG is cleaner and more consistent.

I know that there are a number of regulars on the Beyonwiz forum who use AutoTimers in conjunction with IceTV. One fairly common use for AutoTimers with IceTV is to catch specific regular news broadcasts.
OK...
To clarify...
If you use AutoTimers, you would delete the IceTV schedule for the same thing, right?
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

prl

Quote from: csutak40 on January 24, 2021, 01:08:11 PM
Quote from: prl on January 24, 2021, 10:14:34 AM

OK...
To clarify...
If you use AutoTimers, you would delete the IceTV schedule for the same thing, right?

If you mean "delete the IceTV series recording for the same thing", then yes, otherwise you'd get doubled-up recordings, and I know you're no fan of them. :D

But just a warning: setting up an AutoTimer is a good deal more complicated and harder to get right than an IceTV series recording. That's one reason why I've stayed with IceTV rather than using AutoTimers with the FTA EPG.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

csutak40

Quote from: prl on January 24, 2021, 01:34:57 PM

If you mean "delete the IceTV series recording for the same thing", then yes, otherwise you'd get doubled-up recordings, and I know you're no fan of them. :D

But just a warning: setting up an AutoTimer is a good deal more complicated and harder to get right than an IceTV series recording. That's one reason why I've stayed with IceTV rather than using AutoTimers with the FTA EPG.
OK, Thank you. 
Given my present state of mind, I might do a Scarlet O'Hara and "think about it tomorrow"  ;D
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

grumpy_geoff

Quote from: csutak40 on January 24, 2021, 01:48:35 PM
Given my present state of mind, I might do a Scarlet O'Hara and "think about it tomorrow"  ;D
In this case though it's not hard.  Here it is, shown in the OpenWebif AutoTimer editor -