ICE TV website - Not Secure

Started by ubermensch, June 01, 2020, 10:25:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ubermensch

Does anyone know what going on with the website ? Getting 'NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID' when trying to log in.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi,

I have just checked the IceTV website and its all secure and our certificates are up to date.

What browser are you using?
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

ubermensch

Thanks Daniel. I'm on Chrome - Version 83.0.4103.61.

ubermensch

I have also cleared cookies and rebooted my PC now - still getting the same message.

The forum URL shows the same.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Well the forum URL is not currently on a secure domain.

What actual URL are you looking at on our website?

And what ISP are you using?
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

ubermensch

I just tried on my Wife's Chromebase and it worked fine, so it seems it's my PC specifically. I'll have to figure it out myself by the looks.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

In general issues like this come down to a trust issue on the computer, or worst case scenario a man-in-the-middle issue.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

We have found something else now, to do with an intermediate certificate that expired on the 30th of May and are looking into it.

Depending on the updates installed on the computer it will affect devices differently.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

ubermensch

Daniel Hall at IceTV

We have had the intermediate certificate updated.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

ubermensch

Was still glitchy yesterday, but all good today.

Allan

Quote from: ubermensch on June 01, 2020, 11:50:11 AM
I just tried on my Wife's Chromebase and it worked fine, so it seems it's my PC specifically. I'll have to figure it out myself by the looks.
The cause of this is that Firefox and Chrome have implemented new security to validate all sites you access, that they are "secure". If not you get an error message.
Most web site are now conforming with the new regulations. You can change settings to bypass this test, but its not reccomended on a permanent basis.
Cheers
Allan