Feature request: "TBA" recordings get honoured and updated to shows when advised

Started by Andrew Smith, January 11, 2021, 01:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Smith

Sometimes the networks will advertise a late breaking program ahead of the broadcast slot info being pushed out to programme guides.  An example of this is "The Trump Show, 9HD Brisbane, 7:30pm, Tue" which last night was "To be advised". 

Because I knew from free to air advertising for the program that it was going to be on Tuesday night at 7:30, I selected to have IceTV record it via the EPG service even though the info for the program was not yet updated on IceTV's guide.  I fully expected that the recording decision would hold and the program info merely updated.  It wasn't, and I have also checked directly with the timers list on my Beyonwiz T4 unit.

Could we please change the behavior in this situation?  There would be some people who see something advertised on the TV and set the 'TBA' to record on this basis and would naturally assume it to be done.

Andrew

MD

Hi Andrew,

We did update the show but it was after you had set the TBA so our system cancelled the TBA as it was now a wrong recording but you didn't have the show set at as your own recording on your own IceTV account to replace it.  I'd advise it is very unlikely a TBA will be missed in prime time so leave it as it is and let us update it by about 5:30pm and, if you know what the show is, set it at IceTV.

Thanks for the feature update suggestion which we'll consider as time allows.

Andrew Smith

Yes, I did see that the show info had been updated (and the recording request no longer active).  Appreciate you putting it in the suggestion list for consideration next time you further develop the software.

Andrew

Andrew Smith

Plot twist: Despite scheduling a recording again on the now EPG populated "The Trump Show", and it even shows up in my account "series recordings" list, the recording status does not show on my IceTV EPG website listing for tonight and has not been set to record on my Beyonwiz unit.

I don't know what is going on, but this is seriously not cool.

Andrew

MD

Hi Andrew,

Your recording preferences are as our default which are 1st runs only.  When you first set the show we still had it as first run as did other guides but our later checking showed it had previously aired so it was changed to a repeat (of the 105 minutes which I believe is actually three eps) and your 1st run default caused it to be cancelled on your PVR.

Andrew Smith

Ahh, I see.  And I thought I was doing well to select "series" from the recording type dropdown item. 

BTW, I've noticed that the year the program was produced is no longer (?) included in the description information.  Makes it a bit harder to pick if something is a repeat screening or not.

Andrew