Plex -: Error communicating with Provider (IceTV Australia)

Started by NIftymac, December 24, 2020, 05:32:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NIftymac

Today out of the blue my Plex server stopped being able to play Live TV (have a HDHomerun quad tuner), after much checking I decided to reinstall DVR, deleted old one and then  tried to re-install, can see and select HDHomerun Tuner OK, then paste in my IceTv subscription link into the XMLTV field and then  get this error after a minute or so.
Seems Plex is just not communicating with ICETV for some reason?
Can  play live tv direct from HDHomerun with no issues.
anybody got any ideas what the issue may be?? things to double check??

Plex is running on Synology NAS, latest Plex code updated .
Logged into my IcetV account to ensure account active, and copied the Plex XMLTV link from there.

thanks

MD

There have been a few issues between the Synology NAS and Plex, did you update any software? If so I'd recommend posting this on the Plex forum too.

NIftymac

Yes, have posted this to the Plex forum too.  Plex have recently announced changes to their EPG setup, not sure if this has affected ICETV as my EPG provider.?

MD

I'm afraid Xmas will delay any more responses from me but we'll be back on Tuesday. Nevertheless I can guarantee it's a Plex - Synology problem unless something has gone awry with your home setup.

Enjoy your Christmas.

NIftymac

Out of desperation and frustration using the "NEW" Plex EPG due to this issue I had with my Australian ICETV EPG XMLTV feed, after trying everything else , I thought I should try a complete restart of the Synology Server! (I did stop and restart Plex a number of times to no avail)
Did this and then went back to Plex to setup the DVR again using ICETV XMLTV. When I got to the screen where you select your country etc, the field was at the "select country " status, prior to this, this field was always set already at Australia, so I never had to select it, I selected Australia -> continue, then pasted in my ICE TV XMLTV link and Bing ! it worked

My guide completed and all the errors that were there with Gracenote EPG from Plex are gone! Happy Plexing again with ICE TV ! (Eg, correct and distinct channel logo's, TV shows that are in fact NEW, show as NEW , where in Gracenote some NEW shows were not being flagged as NEW and thus I would miss recording these as my DVR only set to record NEW shows, this was a major issue with Gracenote for me!). Plus the erroneous channel assignments I experienced with Plex EPG all gone, nice to be back with the quality EPG from ICETV.

Somehow Plex has got itself into this state on the Synology NAS server, and only a complete restart of the NAS would clean it up! Not good at all!
Big call out to the Australian ICETV support team for all of their support with my issue. Happy with my A$3.99 p/m quality EPG from ICETV once again.

OliviaScott

I recently encountered a similar problem. Thank you very much to everyone for the answers, we were able to finally solve it!