Started by Robert_M, April 05, 2020, 04:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert_M

I am no longer able to connect T4 to the internet and then iceTV
Error messages, in part:
I get a login failure: The IceTV server cannot be reached
Max retries exceeded with url: /login?api key=<long string of characters>
ConnectTimeoutError

Recent info, no changes to connections at home.
Using V17 software, would upgrading to V19 be helpful, though sceptical.
Network test 4 from 5 green ticks but IP Address is red and unconfirmed!
Auto DHCP
Have moved the T4 via a short cable to the modem and no change
Do not have WiFi dongle to test  what I suspect is the T4's network functionality failure :(

Anybody, any clues,
many thanks in advance, Robert

prl

Can you post a screenshot of MENU>Information>Network?

The success of the Local network test and the failure of IP address suggests that the PVR can connect to the local network, but can't access the wider Internet. The IP address test does a network "ping" to some well-known DNS addresses: au.pool.ntp.org, www.google.com and pool.ntp.org, and reports an error if any of them can't be reached.

That suggests that your router may have been disconnected from the wider Internet at the time.

The issue doesn't seem to me to be with the IceTV servers.

The network information screen above gives more detailed information about the network setup on the Beyonwiz.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Robert_M

Hello Peter,
As requested, hope this helps. I have been speaking to Colin O'Brien and generally agree it's nothing to do with IceTV, my 2 other Beyonwiz's work fine.
The modem is happily communicating with the internet as well.
He suggested putting this inquiry out on both this and Beyonwiz forums to see who may be able to assist.
Thanks,
Robert

prl

Hi, Robert.

I'll continue the discussion in your post on the Beyonwiz forum.

If anyone else is interested in the discussion and/or outcome, follow the link (you don't need to register on the Beyonwiz forum to read it).
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Robert_M

Dear all,
MrQuade, raymondjpg, Paul_oz53, PRL,

THANK YOU for your kind assistance, THE UPGRADE TO V19.3 (nov edition) worked!!

Still curious why it was happily working for months then popped it's network cork!

Case can I think be considered closed :) :)

jim szabo

Upgraded my T2 to the latest software as per instructions,now unable to connect to the internet or ice tv.Thinking about buying a HUMAX.but worried about humax not trading anymore?
Any suggestions.
Jim

prl

"Latest" software is a bit ambiguous.

What is the revision datestamp in MENU>Information>About>Revision (starting from live TV)?

How did you do the upgrade? Was it an online update on the V2, or did you upgrade from USB?

If you upgraded from USB, did you restore settings or redo the setup from scratch?

Are you sure that the internet on you V2 is not working at all, and how did you check it?

When you say that IceTV isn't working on the V2, what exactly is wrong? Do you see any error popups? If so, what do they say? If not, exactly what parts of IceTV aren't working? No EPG? Not getting recording updates?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

grumpy_geoff

Quote from: jim szabo on December 07, 2020, 05:18:53 PM
Upgraded my T2 to the latest software as per instructions,now unable to connect to the internet or ice tv.Thinking about buying a HUMAX.but worried about humax not trading anymore?
Any suggestions.
Jim

Not much to go on :(
Are you using ethernet or a wireless adapter?
Does your T2 show it gets an IP address - from live TV, MENU>>Information>>Network
Does it show a "Gateway" address of your router?
Are both the "Internet" and "Link" LEDs lit green?
Can you open this in a browser on your PC - http://beyonwizt2/ (or http://{IP-address-of-T2}).
Can you reach the T2 from your PC -

• can you ping it?
  • can you use Windows File Explorer to explore to the "Movies" file share of the T2?

MD

Your T3 (? - T3 according to our logs) is logging in to IceTV erratically about every 45 minutes whereas T/U/V series Beyonwiz log in like clockwork and the default in the IceTV plug in is every 15 minutes.

2020-12-07 17:44:51   0242630481010063   
2020-12-07 17:18:02   0242630481010063   
2020-12-07 16:33:01   0242630481010063   
2020-12-07 15:48:08   0242630481010063   and so on back to 15:42 on 4/12.  I assume you upgraded it on 4/12 and before that it was logging in every 15 minutes. Something is awry with your network?