Main Menu

Repeats

Started by csutak40, September 02, 2007, 02:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

csutak40

I use TEDS and have it set not to record repeats.  This is a great feature, except....   :P  I have noticed a few times (mostly on Channel 10 shows) that a show has been marked by Ice as repeat when it wasn't. (sometimes the other way around  ;D)   I understand that on 10 with the way they keep running repeats in the middle of the season, it is very hard to keep up, and I also realise that Ice gets the info from other sources, but there has been a few occasions when all other guides I could see didn't mark it a repeat, except Ice.  Each time this happens, I consider writing, or phoning, but then I figure, it isn't such a big deal.  I suppose, I am just lazy, don't want to have to check to see if a show is repeat or not.  I love to be able to automate it all.   ;D

This time, I actually noticed a day ahead, so I thought I'd mention it.  Tomorrow's Alias is not a repeat.   On the other hand, Monday night's Oz (on SBS) is.  :D
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

Mitch IceGuide

Thanks for your message. 'Alias' was actually the subject of some debate here. Other EPG's had this episode marked as a first-run (as you've said), but some at Ice (and other non-epg) sources indicated it was not. I'm happy to amend on the strength of you being a 'fan' of the show. I wish we could fully trust other EPG's and Channel information but I'm afraid we've been 'led up the garden path' too often. For instance, they are indicating all the 'Elvis' movies being shown lately are 'premieres'. I can only assume they are indicating this becuase they are now digital? 'The Nanny' each day is not marked as 'r' but clearly must be. My point is, sometimes our 'second-guessing' will be off the mark, but more often than not it won't. The 'OZ' episode you're referring to is not marked as 'r' in other Guides, but on the strength of what you've said, we will investigate further. Once again thanks, subscriber feedback is often more accurate than most other sources. Cheers.

csutak40

Thank you for the change for Alias.  I actually checked in epguides.com (which is what I do, when completely confused  ???) and it is definitely the episode that comes after last week's and is from the last season.  I kept Oz among my favourites in TEDS, because I wasn't sure if new episodes were coming eventually or not. Looked in epguides yesterday (for the first time) and apparently the last episode was shown in Feb. 2003. (season 6) Reading the spiel, I am nearly  :P sure we've seen that season.  The episode to be shown on Monday (according to yourTV) is Losing Your Appeal, which is in Season 3.
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

goldcoastguy

I think The Nanny is treated as a new episode as it is new to that channel. It was originally on Ten, now it is on Nine (and hence a non-repeat on that channel).

Possibly the same deal for the Elvis movies. They have been on Seven for years. Is that where they still are?

Evan :->

Mitch IceGuide

I'm pretty sure you're right about 'repeats'. When we're sure they've been on before we shall still flag them as repeats though. For all those who love Elvis; 'Girl Happy' is on Nine in most places around the country. Interesting title.

goldcoastguy

Yep. Previously Seven was the Home of Elvis.

Evan :->