Setup IceTV on Plex server on Qnap TS 251+ with HDHomerun Connect

Started by Iceplex, June 30, 2019, 06:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iceplex

Hi Dave,

FYI - as mentioned on the IceTV forum the issue we are having is getting the IceTV XMLTV to install for the PLEX app running on the Qnap NAS 251+

As a workaround we have now installed the DVR successfully on on a Windows 10 laptop. But it is on the NAS that we need a successful install.

As you requested we have created a log of the latest attempt - I have sent you a PM with a link for you to access the ZIP file
Cheers, Robert

dictate

I have the same setup and problem as @icyTAZ ..

I also use the latest software version of PLEX server on a MacMini and latest software version on SiliconDustTV HDHomeRun Quatro tuner.

For me also, channels mapped OK but the next step <CONTINUE> is in an endless process and does not go to the next step.

Looking forward to getting this working and paying for it :-)

NIftymac

Just to add to these Australian issues with Plex and ICETV..
I am running Plex app on Synology NAS, with HDHomerun  Quatra tuner. Lost the EPG I had all set up the 1st July (due to Plex changes!!) 
I paid my $2.99 for iCETV XMLTV, but when I go through the install I get same results as previous writer, where after you add in the URL to the ICETV XMLTV feed and hit continue it just keeps spinning and never gets anywhere!
Hoping there is a fix for this ??
thank you

DaveBinM

Quote from: MMF27 on July 03, 2019, 07:08:36 PM
My previous post was from the "Debug Logs" at: https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/settings/web/debug

I could send you "Plex Media Server Logs_2019-07-03_19-02-32.zip" from Troubleshooting/Download Logs" at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/settings/server/53c6b51e48b925ffbb609c193759ccbbba74ae66/manage/help

... but the IceTV Forum forbids greater than 300KB total size, and the above .zip file is 5.6MB.

... please advise how I could send you the 5.6MB .zip file.

You could always stick them somewhere like Google Drive or Dropbox, and send me the link to download them. :)

DaveBinM

Quote from: dictate on July 06, 2019, 04:42:36 PM
I have the same setup and problem as @icyTAZ ..

I also use the latest software version of PLEX server on a MacMini and latest software version on SiliconDustTV HDHomeRun Quatro tuner.

For me also, channels mapped OK but the next step <CONTINUE> is in an endless process and does not go to the next step.

Looking forward to getting this working and paying for it :-)

Hmmm, I've not seen that on a Mac. I set it up on my MacBook Pro over the weekend (macOS 10.14.5) with PMS 1.16.2.1297. If you could send me some logs, it would be much appreciated!

bjg_3029

Hi all, I have just joined this forum after searching for a fix to the problem outlined above. I am running Plex on a windows 10 desktop PC with the HD Homerun DVR. I am using the latest version Plex software & have also tried the "app.plex.tv/desktop" version with identical results.

Plex struggles to identify the DVR & requires manual input of the ip address 192.168.0.3. Even then it takes upwards of 5 minutes to log the channels.
I am connected to NBN through a Telstra Gen 2 Smart Modem & have had trouble with the modem allowing access to other ip periferals such as cameras. I can see the DVR on my network through the ip address in a browser.
At this point, I can't see the benefit of paying for access to the ICETV XMLTV Guide when I can't use it. :-[ :-\ Hopefully there will be a solution soon.
Thanks

MD

I understand your frustration and Plex are working on it.  Remember you aren't paying IceTV anything for the first three months free trial.

bjg_3029

Quote from: MD on July 15, 2019, 12:35:49 PM
I understand your frustration and Plex are working on it.  Remember you aren't paying IceTV anything for the first three months free trial.

Thanks MD. I understand that & appreciate the extended trial. Hopefully there will be a solution before that expires so I can see the true benefits.

bjg_3029

Got all excited this morning, that Plex had issued a server update (Version 1.16.2.1297) today but alas, no solution to the problem - the continue button still spins for eternity.

MD

bjg_3029

For those experiencing this EPG problem using IceTV with PLEX, a PLEX user on the PLEX Forum has a workable solution along the lines that MD was referring to above. Thanks MD, you got me looking in the right place.
Do the following to rollback your PLEX Server version the delete your DVR, upgrade to latest server version, then re-establish your Live TV/DVR setup in PLEX.

Plex is updating their Guide data source. It appears that 1.16.0.1226 only handles the old Guide and 1.16.1.1291 only works with a newly created instance of the tuner with the new guide. Ideally you would know this and delete the tuner from the Server Setting Live TV +_ DVR, then upgrade to 1291, and then redefine your tuner on 1291. There appears to be a short window after reboot when 1291 shows the old tuner in Settings and you can delete it, then recreate it. If you wait a few minutes, then 1291 can't find a tuner and it can't create a new new tuner and it spins. In Windows, reboot, watch for Plex Server to appear in the taskbar, click it, go to setting, and delete the tuner as fast as you can type/mouse. For slower people, Uninstall Plex Media Server, which leaves all the files still on disk, then in File Explorer go to your C:\Users(your username) directory, show hidden folders so you see AppData, navigate to AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Updates. find the 1.16.0.1226-xxxx folder, run the 1.16.0.1226-xxxx.exe in the packages subdirectory. Now you are back on the previous release (and Live TV works), and you can do what we should have done in the first place and delete the Live TV Tuner from Settings, then upgrade to 1291, and then redefine your tuner and get the new Guild data.
In the Live TV Guild grid, you have old data if at the end it says "Powered by Gracenote" and you have new data if it says "Powered by Plex".

https://forums.plex.tv/t/is-anyones-plex-live-tv-dvr-function-working/432800/12

MMF27

I wanted to share some insight to others having this issue...

...a colleague at my work has the same NAS and has been running the latest version of Plex server (v1.6.1.1291) on the NAS (Asustor AS6404T, ADM v3.3.2 RJ12).

Two days ago he purchased the HDHomeRun DUO (mine is the Quattro, but otherwise our setup is identical).

He was able to successfully setup the DVR with an XML feed.

The above tells me that the issue is, as someone else posted, related to users who had a DVR setup PRIOR TO upgrading Plex to one of the recent 1.6.x versions.

Is it correct to presume that Plex will be providing a fix, rather than expecting that all affected users will find a way to safely downgrade Plex, delete the old DVR, and then upgrade Plex (without losing meta-data or breaking iTunes plug-in or losing iTunes playlists)?

MD

Hi everyone,

Plex have asked me to ask users with this frustrating problem to post on their forum as there is nothing IceTV can do. Not that I mind you all discussing it here too as long as you understand our shared angst!

I believe this is the best link:
https://forums.plex.tv/t/is-anyones-plex-live-tv-dvr-function-working/432800/21