How long is a "Month*"?

Started by prl, December 05, 2018, 05:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

I've noticed that my monthly IceTV subscription renewal date has gradually been getting earlier and earlier in the calendar month (notably when it crossed from one month to an earlier one and I had to look carefully at my bank account reconciliation).

On the IceTV subscription page, it says that an IceTV subscription costs "$7.99 per Month*". When I search for the "*" on the subscription page, which I suppose is supposed to indicate a footnote, I find nothing.

When I do some arithmetic on my IceTV order history, it appears that IceTV defines a "month" as 30 days, not a calendar month. Out of 36 months in my IceTV order history, 30 "months" are 30 days, 2 "months" are 31 days and 4 "months" are 29 days.

I can no longer find IceTV's Terms & Conditions on the "new look" Web site to check what the T&C say.

So how does IceTV define a "month" if it's not a calendar month? And where can I find IceTV's Terms & Conditions?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

MD

IceTV has always defined a subscription month as 30 days.  Unfortunately your eagle eye has spotted that, for reasons I do not know, it has been lost on our new site.  It will be updated.  Nevertheless to go back to 29-11018 via the wayback machine, which would have been the live site until about 01:00am on 05:12:18, you will see it was clearly stated in "Subscriptions": https://web.archive.org/web/20180605132341/https://store.icetv.com.au/subscriptions

The new site will be updated to be quite clear as to what IceTV  defines as a "month", first thing tomorrow.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

The IceTV subscription page has been updated.

As for the Licence Agreement, that is in the footer of every page where it has always been. It is also linked to directly during the checkout process.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

prl

Colin, Daniel, thanks for the clarification.

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on December 05, 2018, 07:54:21 PM
The IceTV subscription page has been updated.

Looks good now.

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on December 05, 2018, 07:54:21 PM
As for the Licence Agreement, that is in the footer of every page where it has always been. It is also linked to directly during the checkout process.

I see that now that you point it out. White text on a lightish blue background doesn't make for great readability. The small font size and light grey on white of the text of the Licence Agreement & Privacy Policy aren't great, either.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing