Image problems in the Android app

Started by prl, September 29, 2017, 10:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

I'm not sure whether this is really an app problem, a data problem or a bit of both.

For a while, the images in Recommendations in the Android app on my phone have sometimes been to large to fit on the page that they're intended for.

When that happens, the part of the photo that's too large for the page it should be on is then displayed on the left edge of all following pages of recommendations. In this weekend's Recommendations, that happens with the image for Walking trough History (and to a smaller extent for the image for Raiders of the Lost Ark). The edge of the Raiders image can be seen on the page for Walking through History, but on following pages the Raiders image is obscured by the overflowed part of the Walking through History image.

But they all pale into insignificance compared to the monster-sized image for Clique, which is high enough to push the synopsis for the series off the bottom of the screen, and the right-hand side of which then underlies the whole of all following pages of the Recommendations!

App version: 1.30
Android version: 5.0.1
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-i9505)
Phone display: 1920x1080pixels
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

MD

Hi prl,

This has been fixed and all you images should now appear correctly.

prl

Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

The problem of an over-large image in the recommendations overflowing onto subsequent recommendations in the Android app has happened again for this weekend's Recommendations.

When the recommendations are viewed in portrait layout on the phone, the image for the movie "Philadelphia" is too wide for the page and its right-hand overflow appears on the left of all subsequent entries in Recommendations. The problem doesn't appear in landscape layout.

Also, it looks looks though when the image was being prepared for use in the app, it was shrunk without preserving aspect ratio, giving quite a bizarre look to Tom Hanks's head.

IceTV ACT Guide
IceTV app version: 1.30
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4
Android version: 5.0.1
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Tiphanee

Hi there prl,

My apologies in not getting back to you sooner.

I have fixed the image for Philadelphia, checked the app and it all looks fine now.

Have a lovely day,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

prl

Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

Again in today's weekend Recommendations in the Android app.

The image for the movie Collateral stretches right across the following entry for Harry Potter: A history of Magic.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Tiphanee

Thanks prl -all fixed now.

Have a lovely Christmas,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

prl

Thanks, Tiphanee. Looks good now.

And a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and all the IceTV crew!
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

In this week's Android Recommendations the image for The Girlfriend Experience is far too large for the space available and its right-hand part underlies all following recommendations.

The image for the same program in the "What's on this Week" email is also in the wrong aspect ratio: badly squeezed horizontally, but I guess it's too late to fix that.

Can't something be put in the software part of the process of assembling the app and email data to catch problems like this?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

I checked last night, and it had been fixed. Thanks.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

In this week's Android Recommendations, the image for Red Light/Green Light is huge, and causing all the usual over-sized image problems in the app.

Quote from: prl on January 08, 2018, 10:08:36 AM
Can't something be put in the software part of the process of assembling the app and email data to catch problems like this?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

Just when I was beginning to think that IceTV had fixed this problem for good, this weekend's Android Recommendations has an oversized image for Flightplan :(
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Tiphanee

Oh no :(

I will take a look at it, prl and fix it shortly.

Cheers,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader