Main Menu

New shows

Started by Daniel Hall at IceTV, June 22, 2010, 03:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raymondjpg

Quote from: prl on June 17, 2017, 01:26:37 PM
Quote from: raymondjpg on June 17, 2017, 10:03:10 AM
... Does this mean that IceTV missed flagging the first episode of this show as a New Series?

I don't think so, at least not for the ACT. We recorded (and have watched) Orphan Black "The Few Who Dare" S5E1.

If you had your PVR set to record the episode as new, then I am relieved to see that. IceTV has complained recently about the quality of information received from SBS which to my mind calls for extra diligence on what they are providing.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

IanL-S

It recorded for me in Melbourne. Not sure if next weeks episode is correclty classified - could be incorrenctly classified as a repeat.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

prl

Quote from: raymondjpg on June 17, 2017, 03:24:10 PM
... If you had your PVR set to record the episode as new ...

I did (and do).
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

raymondjpg

ABC is now advertising "Pulse" to start 8:30pm Thursday 20 July. I have no idea what we can expect, but Claire van der Boom has a following and the Ozzie cast has many of the old stagers we would expect to see but not including as far as I can tell Jackie Weaver, although Susie Porter can be seen lurking in the background. Owen Teale is billed as a "Game of Thrones" player, and to top it all the show is billed as "Inspired by a true story of a transplant patient who became a doctor". Well, can't go wrong then. More details here.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

prl

Quote from: raymondjpg on June 25, 2017, 05:38:39 PM
... Owen Teale is billed as a "Game of Thrones" player ...

Also in the recently-shown River (Stellan SkarsgÄrd, Nicola Walker), but not in a starring role, and going way back, played Conor in Ballykissangel :)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

raymondjpg

Fans of Jane Tennison will most probably welcome "Prime Suspect 1973" starting Friday 21 July on ABC. From Wikipedia: "Prime Suspect 1973 is a British television detective drama series, and a prequel to the long-running Prime Suspect series, originally starring Helen Mirren as DCI Jane Tennison." Jane is played quite creditably in this prequel by Stefanie Martini.

raymondjpg

Despite noting that this show has been cancelled after only two series I thought I might take a look at "The Catch" which is, according to "What's On This Week", scheduled to start this Tuesday 18 July on Prime. I cannot find it anywhere this week on the OTA EPG or on Prime7's broadcast schedule. Does it perhaps start next week, or maybe not at all?

simoncasey

Quote from: raymondjpg on July 17, 2017, 09:28:07 AM
Despite noting that this show has been cancelled after only two series I thought I might take a look at "The Catch" which is, according to "What's On This Week", scheduled to start this Tuesday 18 July on Prime. I cannot find it anywhere this week on the OTA EPG or on Prime7's broadcast schedule. Does it perhaps start next week, or maybe not at all?
It's on at 10.40pm on Seven on Tuesday 18th. Maybe it's on a different time on prime.

raymondjpg

Quote from: simoncasey on July 17, 2017, 09:41:41 AMIt's on at 10.40pm on Seven on Tuesday 18th. Maybe it's on a different time on prime.

Maybe but searching the entire IceTV XML EPG only throws up Tuesday 18 July on Prime. Are you looking at the IceTV schedule for 7? The online guides for 7, like Prime7, list Ramsay's Hotel Hell offering not "The Catch" on Tuesday 18 July at 10.40 pm.

Tiphanee

Hi there Simon and Raymond,

The Primes changed this morning and the 7s are currently changing their Tuesday night line up and have pulled The Catch, and instead scheduling another repeat of Hotel Hell.  The guides are currently being updated and you should see the change in the next half hour. 

Unfortunately, when the newsletter was compiled over the weekend, The Catch was still scheduled for Tuesday night.

Cheers,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

raymondjpg

Quote from: Tiphanee on July 17, 2017, 10:02:10 AM
Hi there Simon and Raymond,

The Primes changed this morning and the 7s are currently changing their Tuesday night line up and have pulled The Catch, and instead scheduling another repeat of Hotel Hell.  The guides are currently being updated and you should see the change in the next half hour. 

Unfortunately, when the newsletter was compiled over the weekend, The Catch was still scheduled for Tuesday night.

Cheers,

Tiphanee

That explains it. Thanks Tiphanee.

prl

Quote from: Tiphanee on July 17, 2017, 10:02:10 AM
The Primes changed this morning and the 7s are currently changing their Tuesday night line up ...

And what an enthralling offering it is, too... /snark.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

nis200sx

Blue Murder: Killer Cop

Seven Network's highly advertised 2 part miniseries will premiere on 6 August 2017

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2017/07/seven-readies-blue-murder-killer-cop.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Murder:_Killer_Cop
Dave

lespato

The House with Annabel Crabb starts ABC and August 8 at 8PM

raymondjpg

Quote from: raymondjpg on July 17, 2017, 09:28:07 AM

Prime7 is now scheduling "The Catch (The New Deal)" on Tuesday 15 August at 10.45 pm - not exactly prime time. Wikipedia has this episode as the first in the second series of the show, so begs the question why not show the first series first?

Edit: I should have looked further on Wikipedia which notes "Internationally, the series premiered in Australia on the Seven Network on October 10, 2016."