ABC switching to HD transmission

Started by Andrew Smith, December 05, 2016, 10:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

I can confirm that the IceTV EPG and recording setting works for ABC HD for me in Canberra.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

IanL-S

Peter, did not realize that a reboot would do that.

Did as you suggested and no luck. As I am having the same problem with both my SKIPPA it may be a problem at the IceTV end.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: IanL-S on December 06, 2016, 01:27:14 PM

Did as you suggested and no luck. As I am having the same problem with both my SKIPPA it may be a problem at the IceTV end.

Ian

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the heads up, looks like there was a mistake in Melbourne's details for ABC HD, this has been fixed.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

raj

Ok, I've managed to get my Beyonwiz T2 setup and configured, however I have no icon or logo for ABC HD.

Now, is this an IceTV issue because I'm using the IceTV EPG, or is it a Beyonwiz issue?

Thanks.

IanL-S

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on December 06, 2016, 01:41:19 PM
Quote from: IanL-S on December 06, 2016, 01:27:14 PM

Ian

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the heads up, looks like there was a mistake in Melbourne's details for ABC HD, this has been fixed.

Hi Dan, now working om 2 x SKIPPA an on T2; one of them is now refusing to download any EPG dtaa - completly blank. Will advise here if I fix it.
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

charlotte

I'm in Perth. I got lots of messages saying recordings had failed. I realised that it may have been because of the channel 2HD upgrade. So I've spent a great deal of time trying to rescan my two t4s, getting more and more frustrated.  I've lost count of the times I've scanned, changed things, resent data etc. Of course I've accidentally stuffed something that was behaving perfectly well before and now have to try to work out how to fix it.

I finally find out that the problems are caused by icetv, not by the t4 or me!

Strong Suggestion: next time there's an issue like this, please send an email to everyone saying that we may not be able to receive a channel and date expected to be fixed. The problem has not been the inability to use 2HD with icetv, but the lack of communication. 

I've lost count of how long I've been with icetv, 10 years+?  This is the first time something like this has happened, no notification given. I'm not impressed.

Please advise approximately when channel 2HD Perth would be expected to be available on icetv.   It's not working now via icetv.
Thank you.

grumpy_geoff

Quote from: charlotte on December 06, 2016, 02:34:40 PM
Please advise approximately when channel 2HD Perth would be expected to be available on icetv.   It's not working now via icetv.
Hi Charlotte,

ABC HD is working for me in Perth, for both IceTV EPG and scheduling timers.  Once you've scanned for ABC HD, you'll need to restart the GUI or reboot.  Then ABC HD will be available in the EPG.  I'm guessing that the service scan function doesn't write out the scan data to flash until restart, and that the incoming Ice guide data hasn't anything to match in the scan files.  That's just a guess though.

prl

Quote from: raj on December 06, 2016, 02:02:26 PM
Ok, I've managed to get my Beyonwiz T2 setup and configured, however I have no icon or logo for ABC HD.

Now, is this an IceTV issue because I'm using the IceTV EPG, or is it a Beyonwiz issue?
Channel logos/picons on the Beyonwiz T series are in the Beyonwiz firmware. You get the same logos (or lack of them) whether you're using IceTV or the FTA EPG.

The updates needed for the logos have been incorporated into the current beta firmware for the Beyonwiz T series. They're not expected to be made available as a separate update for the current official firmware.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

Quote from: grumpy_geoff on December 06, 2016, 03:23:12 PM
...  I'm guessing that the service scan function doesn't write out the scan data to flash until restart, and that the incoming Ice guide data hasn't anything to match in the scan files.  That's just a guess though.
Using MENU>IceTV>Fetch EPG... should be enough to pull in the new data, but if a reboot or GUI restart is required, it's not for that reason. The scan results are all written out to flash either during the scan, at the point the scan completes or when you confirm the scan by pressing OK on the remote when the scan has finished.

In any case, the IceTV plugin doesn't access the results of the scan by reading those files. It looks at the in-memory data that is written to the scan files, and which is available to all the T series functions at the end of the scan.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

grumpy_geoff

Quote from: prl on December 06, 2016, 03:31:11 PM
Quote from: grumpy_geoff on December 06, 2016, 03:23:12 PM
...  I'm guessing that the service scan function doesn't write out the scan data to flash until restart, and that the incoming Ice guide data hasn't anything to match in the scan files.  That's just a guess though.
Using MENU>IceTV>Fetch EPG... should be enough to pull in the new data, but if a reboot or GUI restart is required, it's not for that reason. The scan results are all written out to flash either during the scan, at the point the scan completes or when you confirm the scan by pressing OK on the remote when the scan has finished.

In any case, the IceTV plugin doesn't access the results of the scan by reading those files. It looks at the in-memory data that is written to the scan files, and which is available to all the T series functions at the end of the scan.
I did say it was a guess :)
A 'Fetch EPG and update timers now' didn't get the guide data populated in my case.  It only populated once I'd restarted the GUI.

charlotte

I've rebooted one t4 and restarted GUI on the other.  Thank you. Will wait and see. I've done all the other stuff numerous times - disabled and enabled icetv, resent info from t4 and app etc. I have the epg ok, but not timers.

Somehow I've stuffed up the favourites which I use for the epg on the less important t4. I've still got them there but can't remember how to have them come up automatically when I click on epg. Have spent ages stuffing around with this. If anyone would be so kind as to give me some quick hints, I'd be ever so grateful. Normally I'd find the answer myself, but I'm not a happy camper after wasting so much time unnecessarily this morning. Grrrr!

Rhetts

Howdy, No luck getting the EPG in Melb on a Toppy 2400. the STB sees the station (after a rescan) but no luck getting the info from IceTV. Help please!

Rhetts

Quote from: Rhetts on December 06, 2016, 04:26:48 PM
Howdy, No luck getting the EPG in Melb on a Toppy 2400. the STB sees the station (after a rescan) but no luck getting the info from IceTV. Help please!
Issue fixed, EPG has appeared. No recordings yet, but I presume they will follow.

BruceJG

I successfully got ABC HD in my BW T2 EPG today (Mid North Coast NSW), but only after several attempts. Look through your EPG list in case ABC HD has been 'grouped' with other HD channels elsewhere in the EPG.

I finally found ABC HD at the end of my EPG list, NOT with the other ABC channels.

See my other topic today.

Bruce.

charlotte

"All information has now been updated, with channels logos along with full channel and guide information". This was some time ago. Would appreciate an update regarding timers.

I'm in Perth. Have tried everything but still no timers on either t4.

Later: After two hours I now have timers for a weeks time, but not this week.

Not going to spend any more time on this but very disappointed.