IceTV sends timer for LCN that has been deleted on the Toppy

Started by IanL-S, August 30, 2016, 04:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanL-S

Am I correct that in the following instance the setting of the timer will fail:

• I have selected 'prefer high definition' for the series recording but have deleted the HD LCN from the Toppy (without disabling the HD LCN in my account) where the same program is transmitted in both SD and HD.
  • I have selected 'prefer standard definition' for the series recording but have deleted the SD LCN from the Toppy (without disabling the HD LCN in my account) where the same program is transmitted in both SD and HD.
  • Where the same service has two LCNs assigned to it and I delete the lower one, but have not disabled it in my account the timer will fail (as timers are always sent to lowest LCN, 1 rather than 12, 2 rather than 21, 7 rather than 71 and 9 rather than 92.)

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Dave at IceTV

Q: I have selected 'prefer high definition' for the series recording but have deleted the HD LCN from the Toppy (without disabling the HD LCN in my account) where the same program is transmitted in both SD and HD.

A: The Toppy will fail to set the timer. If a HD channel is deleted off the Toppy that same channel should have its LCN setting set to Disable in My Account on the website.

Q: I have selected 'prefer standard definition' for the series recording but have deleted the SD LCN from the Toppy (without disabling the HD LCN in my account) where the same program is transmitted in both SD and HD.

A: The Toppy will fail to set the timer. If an SD channel is deleted off the Toppy that same channel should have its LCN setting set to Disable in My Account on the website.

Q: Where the same service has two LCNs assigned to it and I delete the lower one, but have not disabled it in my account the timer will fail (as timers are always sent to lowest LCN, 1 rather than 12, 2 rather than 21, 7 rather than 71 and 9 rather than 92.)

A: If a simulcast channel is deleted off the Toppy then the channel should, in My Account on the website, have its LCN setting set to the remaining channel's channel number. e.g. If you delete channel 2 off the Toppy then ABC in My Account should be set to 21.

But realistically in this last example the Toppy should know that while channel 2 has been deleted it does still have channel 21 (as the request from the server would be to set the timer on 2 or 21).
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

IanL-S

Hi Dave

Thanks for this information. I am putting together a FAQ for the new Forum for Australian Topfield users on how changing the LCNs on the Toppy may make a mess of IceTV Timers.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: IanL-S on September 01, 2016, 12:45:01 PM
... the new Forum for Australian Topfield users ...

Ian, I assume you are referring to http://oztoppy.wikidot.com/forum:start ?

PS I found your post informing people the new Australian Toppy forum is at oztoppy.forumchitchat.com - if link doesn't work, right-click on the link and select Open in New Window or Open in New Tab.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: IanL-S on September 01, 2016, 12:45:01 PM
Hi Dave

Thanks for this information. I am putting together a FAQ for the new Forum for Australian Topfield users on how changing the LCNs on the Toppy may make a mess of IceTV Timers.

Ian

Hi Ian,

I should have added that any time the channel settings in My Account on the website are changed the Topfield owner should force the Toppy to download a fresh copy of the channel list from IceTV by either rebooting the Toppy or selecting 'Reset EPG' with the red F1 button while in the IceTV settings menu.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service