Southern Cross & Win TV Crossover 1 July

Started by mcharltonau, June 27, 2016, 05:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcharltonau

With the change of affiliation to Southern Cross (Nine) and Win (Ten) from 1 July, all the EPG is missing for these stations. I am based in the Canberra zone which is impacted by this change.
Can someone please advise when the EPG will be updated to show the shows correctly?

Tiphanee

Thanks Murray for your forum post.  I am posting the information here that I have just sent through to your support desk ticket as well.

Guides will begin to be updated tomorrow for WIN and SC 10.  The secondary channels such as Gem/Go/LIFE/One and Eleven where they are impacted will then follow with updates.

I have been advised that an email will be sent out to customers tomorrow to advise them of the changes.

Unfortunately because of the way the PVRs are set up, we can't change channel numbers before the 1 July as it will affect recordings prior to that date so our technical team are working on the best time to change those over.

Over the next few days, you may see some anomalies in the guide so as not to impact recordings prior to the 1 July changeover date.

Kindest regards,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

Andomoose55

Where's Win go after Jun30th nothing there only got southern cross, sbs and abc no Win for anything.

prl

Quote from: Andomoose55 on June 28, 2016, 02:34:44 PM
Where's Win go after Jun30th nothing there only got southern cross, sbs and abc no Win for anything.

Basically, WIN (the company/network) will carry Ten content, and Southern Cross Austereo will carry Nine content. More info here (and a link in that to a reasonably informative Canberra Times article on the switch).
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Andomoose55

This is only true for the mainland, not Tassie maybe for awhile still no agreement with TDT

Andomoose55

This is what TDT is saying on there website...."Southern Cross ten Tas transmission concludes 12mn 30 June 2016"
Once again we miss out on everthing

Dave at IceTV

Yesterday Nine finalised a deal that will see Nine's programs broadcast in VIC's Mildura. Today they finalised a deal for regional SA and NSW's Griffith. That leaves Regional WA and TAS. News regarding TAS suggests Taswegians may possibly end up having no Nine programs for the short term (a day or a week or weeks).
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Andomoose55

A deal is been done with TDT so we get Nine what about the epg guide for Nine and still missing WinTV also

furbies

Will IceTV send out an email flagging that IceTV has updated the LCN to Channel names so we can go into our IceTV (website) preferences and make sure our "Channel on IceTV website > Send to TV Recorder as LCN" for NSW Wollongong is correct ?

At the moment, 1:23am, 1 July, the channel names > LCN is incorrect  :(

I had to get EyeTV on my Mac to update the channels cause I lost a couple of channels at midnight when the switchover took place.

Andomoose55

What are the channel numbers for Tassie as they seem to be different here.

prl

The most recent information about the TDT changes is in this post from Daniel in reply to an earlier question from you.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: Andomoose55 on July 01, 2016, 03:15:41 PM
What are the channel numbers for Tassie as they seem to be different here.

The channel numbers we have been given for Tassie are:

Win - 8 and 88
Win HD - 80
ONE - 81 and 86
Eleven - 82

Nine Tas - 5 and 51
9HD Tas - 50
9Gem - 52
9Go! - 53

These have all been setup within the IceTV system and can be selected under the My Account pages.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Andomoose55

Tiphanee

Hi there -

I've just corrected it in the database.  It was missing for tonight but was there for the rest of the week. 

Our server will tick over in 15 minutes so you will see the change shortly.

Cheers,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader