ICETV EPG crashing Topfield 2400 again.

Started by JPP, April 11, 2016, 07:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Villan

Im in Adelaide and i started getting the same problem. I even changed my HHD to see i still have the rebooing problem. Again this was only when i was trying to log in to icetv and it was going for a number of days now. I now have to have icetv  off so i can use my 2460.

Darryl

Dave at IceTV

Hi Darryl, I made a change in your account 30 minutes ago but it looks like your Topfield still has IceTV disabled. Can you check your email then re-enable icetv.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

zaphod753

I'm having this issue on a 2460 in Melbourne.

Seemed to start sometime today (13/4/16)

Disappointing that a dodgy character is enough to cause this :(

IanL-S

I still have not seen it in Melbourne. My Toppys are on 24/7 and it may be instigated by first fetch after powering up,

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Villan

Looks lile you happened to fixed my problem to the point i installed the old HHD.

Thanks Darryl

themolk

This is a regular occurrence for the BNE guide. Our Toppy has similar issues though it hasn't happened for 4 or 5 days. The only way our Toppy is useable when this happens is to quickly disable IceTV in it and then reboot it again. It is super frustrating.

IanL-S

IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

themolk

Hi Ian-L, all,

I tried the EPG reset just now (After learning it happened this morning to my wife) and no dice. 73 seconds after boot it crashed/reloaded.

In fact after we turned off IceTV it then would crash inside 10-15 seconds repeatedly for 5 or 6 times.

No duplicate LCNs exist according to the menu crashed.

This is such a pain in the arse.

themolk

Additionally, after many crashes, we're seeing this error pop up briefly on the screen:

L32020

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: themolk on April 21, 2016, 07:33:31 PM
Additionally, after many crashes, we're seeing this error pop up briefly on the screen:

L32020

That's just the Loader version or System ID. Any time the Topfield is fully off you'll see the loader version displayed as it turns on. If you want to see it just turn the Topfield off at it's rear switch for 20 seconds, then as it comes on you'll see the Loader version followed by the LOADING message.

L32020 is a 2400 as is System ID 32020
L32026 is a 2460 as is System ID 32026
L32030 is a 7100HDplus as is System ID 32030
L32031 is also a 7100HDplus as is System ID 32031
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: themolk on April 21, 2016, 07:04:11 PM
I tried the EPG reset just now (After learning it happened this morning to my wife) and no dice. 73 seconds after boot it crashed/reloaded.

Your IceTV log every was normal up to 7:47am then nothing at all until 9:11am when things went haywire. Only 2 of the 12 irregularly spaced fetch intervals were close to you estimated 73 seconds.

77 seconds
39 seconds
85 seconds
11 minutes 39 seconds
5 seconds
9 minutes 7 seconds
11 seconds
68 seconds
60 seconds
124 seconds
90 seconds
3 seconds

Quote from: themolk on April 21, 2016, 07:04:11 PM
In fact after we turned off IceTV it then would crash inside 10-15 seconds repeatedly for 5 or 6 times.

If IceTV was disabled and it still rebooted more than once then there is something else going on. Certain DLNA media server applications (on computers, NAS servers, Routers, smart TVs, phones and tablets etc) can cause PVRs to reboot, and a conflicting IP address can too. Also a Topfield with faulty hardware or corrupt firmware can end up rebooting.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

themolk

Hi Dave,

I appreciate the follow up. Certainly in the past when we've disabled the IceTV service the crashing problem has stopped. I'm about to have a look at it again now to see if it's still doing it or whatever. I may also try a firmware upgrade as we're running the 2014 firmware and I note there is 2016 firmware available.

Paul55

Don't know if this has already been suggested, but do you have PowerDVD or other Cyberlink software running on a computer on your network?

themolk

Hi Paul55 - nope.

I upgraded the firmware and *for now* it seems to be ok. For now.

Clee

Looks like I've been having the same issue recently as well.
I was starting to think it was an hdd issue as well.
My 2400 works with no problems with icetv disabled
Also ensured we have no duplicate channels
Have no dnla devices running on the network?

Any suggestions?

Chris.