Repeated Timer Failures - Anyone Else?

Started by Ragdoll, April 05, 2016, 08:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ragdoll

I have a Topfield 2400 running the latest firmware & it is harwired into the internet.

For the past week I am recieving emails to tell me that some of my recording timers have failed.  Repeatedly.  Almost all the failing timers are on Channel 2, for some reason (Downton Abbey on 7 failed last night, as the exception to the rule).  The emails come around ten to the hour & I go and reschedule to recording.  Each an every one of them.  Some emails have 7 or 8 such failures across 3 or 4 days. 

This is a fairly new occurrence, it wasn't happening a couple pf weeks ago.  It's just very annoying.  So... Has anyone else been experiencing anything similar? 

IanL-S

I am getting a few of these lately; mostly they relate to clashes (too many programs or too many networks at the same time). I suspect that sometimes they relate to failed attempts to adjust the commencement time due to the way IceTV is implemented on Toppys.

Another possibility is that your HDD storage is running out and the Toppy is refusing to schedule timers. Not sure if this happens with TMS Toppys, but on the TF-T6211 I get an error message when trying to schedule a recording that will not fit on the HDD.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Ragdoll on April 05, 2016, 08:44:38 PM
I have a Topfield 2400 running the latest firmware & it is harwired into the internet.

For the past week I am recieving emails to tell me that some of my recording timers have failed.  Repeatedly.  Almost all the failing timers are on Channel 2, for some reason (Downton Abbey on 7 failed last night, as the exception to the rule). 

This would happen if you have set each of the channels with simulcast channels to one channel number in your account but those channel numbers do not match the channels on the Topfield.

e.g. If you have ABC set to 2 and 7 Digital set to 7 in your account but have deleted channel numbers 2 and 7 off your Topfield (and kept 21 and 70 or 71).

This could also happen if you have set each of the channels with simulcast channels in your account to "All" and have deleted channel numbers 2 and 7 off your Topfield.

The emails come around ten to the hour & I go and reschedule to recording.  Each an every one of them.  Some emails have 7 or 8 such failures across 3 or 4 days. 

You should only get an error message the first time IceTV attempted to get the Topfield to set those schedules, and after any time you resent those failed schedules (and if icetv changes the start time or duration).

If you resent all recordings without following the procedure to correctly clear all existing reservations off the Topfield you would timer conflict errors

This is a fairly new occurrence, it wasn't happening a couple pf weeks ago.  It's just very annoying.  So... Has anyone else been experiencing anything similar?

It may have started after the new channels came online.

All of your schedules look okay in your account now. If you continue having problems I'd suggest following the steps here:
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/22468327
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Ragdoll

The problem was happening only on ABC recordings, and there were no other programs scheduled to record at the same times.  Especially at 3:20pm during the week when I was having problems recording The Bill.  I have a 2TB hard drive with plenty of room on it, and other recordings worked fine.  The problem was almost exclusively with the ABC.  It has, however, been working fine from last Friday onwards.  No more multiple timer failed emails.  I saw a message on another thread that there had apparently been a problem with the ABC EPG which was causing issues for people in Sydney (which is where I am located), which has now been resolved.

IanL-S

I have series recordings on ABC most afternoons and have had no lost timers that I am aware of; however they are on a 7100+ which has Dec 2013 firmware (the most recent for it).

How are the timers set; are they series recording via IceTV interactive www site, or did you creat a ever weekday timer? If you created the timers via the EPG sometimes the Toppy stops recognising the timers ... You haave to do a reset services and new service scan to fix it. My suspicion is that in May case it is related to my manually combining timers using TMS Timer and changing recording to secondary LCN (21 rather than 2; 12 rather than 1; 70 or 71 rather than 7).

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help