7Flix

Started by csutak40, April 03, 2016, 10:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

csutak40

This is not an IceTV problem, I am just hoping that a guru here can shed light on what's going on.

I record some shows still on the Media Centre.  There is a method to my madness, take too long to explain here. 

Anyway, I then edit them with VideoReDo, because they are usually shows I keep, to be watched later in my "spare time".  One of these is The Amazing Race.  I thought I was having problems with VRD, but I am beginning to suspect that it is the Amazing Race that is the problem.

Every week when I want to edit it, VRD crashes.  Took me a while to realise that in only happens with this one show.  VRD tech support have been quite helpful suggesting all sorts of things to try, none of them work.

I have been getting an error message "LargeBufferMalloc:  no more memory"  Today (after fiddling with the settings, as per VRD's suggestions, I have a new error: "Graph abort in: Output muxer, error: FFmpeg muxer: error writing pocket" but still get the old one as well
All of which is all Greek to me
As this is the only show from 7Flix that I am recording through Media Center, I am wondering if that is the problem. 
FWIW, today, after it crashed several times, I accidentally forgot to change the extension when I was saving the edited version, so saved it as wtv, and that didn't crash.  I then tried again as mp4, and it crashed again
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

prl

Do any of the other SD MPEG4 broadcasts (e.g. TV4ME and RACING.COM) have the same problem? What about HD MPEG4 broadcasts like 9HD and TEN HD?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

csutak40

Quote from: prl on April 04, 2016, 01:22:14 PM
Do any of the other SD MPEG4 broadcasts (e.g. TV4ME and RACING.COM) have the same problem? What about HD MPEG4 broadcasts like 9HD and TEN HD?

What I will have to do (should have thought of it) is to make some test recordings for some of those. 

I have now set up a couple on 9HD and TEN HD, also another on 7flix, but would have to fiddle with the settings to include TV4ME and RACING.COM
Cheers,
Judy

prl

IceTV doesn't have an EPG for them so you'll  have to set up manual timers or do instant recordings.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Dave at IceTV

I find VRD v5 crashes too often when loading or editing mpeg-4 files. My solution is to use VRD v4 on files that crash v5.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

csutak40

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on April 05, 2016, 01:31:01 PM
I find VRD v5 crashes too often when loading or editing mpeg-4 files. My solution is to use VRD v4 on files that crash v5.

Hmm.  Is it possible to install both?

I am now utterly confused.  It (I discovered) has nothing to do with MediaCentre.  I recorded the last ep of the Amazing Race with Beyonwiz.  Same thing happened.  I also recorded another show on 7Flix - same problem. 

Also tried the Race Channel and TV4ME - same problem.  OTOH, recorded something on 9HD, that one was fine.

Only difference between the two - the Racing channel I got an error message as well as it telling me that it has crashed, with TV4Me, I just got a crash report.  Also, this time I didn't get an out of memory report, that I usually get with the Amazing Race

Also tried to use my laptop, instead of my desktop (as I sent one of the recordings to a friend, who also uses VRD v5 and he had no problems with it) same problem occurred. 
Incidentally, I have been saving things as mkv files and only just (at the suggestion of the above mentioned friend) changed to mpeg4
So,  I now know that the problem occurs with 7Flix, TV4Me and the Race channel, but I don't unserstand why, especially as my friend had no problem with it?
VRD, has been pretty good with answering my emails and making suggestions - asked me to send them the logs, but they must have given up, haven't heard from them since I've sent the last log.
Cheers,
Judy