Previous topic - Next topic

richardnau

My ICE BOX 1 is producing fetch logs like this:

Topfield connection OK
Free space is 10473472 kiB
Removing old files
Preparing to load data from server
Retrieved data from server
Transferred (/tmp/ice/20070313_20070312212310_EPG_CACHE) to Topfield (\ICE)
Failed to transfer (/tmp/ice/20070314_20070312212310_EPG_CACHE) to Topfield (\ICE)
Failed to process data from server
Fetch failed

Is this caused by the 'server load issues' currently flagged on the service status box?

If so, is there an ETA for fixing the server?

Richard.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Nope, this one was something different.

If the guide data starts transferring to the Topfield it means that the guide file has downloaded without issue.

We have had this issue fixed, if you try and download the guide again it should go through.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

richardnau

Hi, Daniel,

When was this fixed? What exactly got fixed? (I've been having this problem last night and this morning. I'm at work now but I'll check again tonight to see if the download has gone OK.)

Thanks.

Richard.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

It was fixed this morning around 9am or so.

The problem has to do with file sizes, there were problems in the version of puppy on the icebox1 and icebox2 machines that can't transfer a file of a particular size. One of the descriptions was modified for tomorrow to change the size of tomorrows guide file (which is the one that was failing), we have tested this and now the download will be fine.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

richardnau

Righto. That should be fine then. I had a curious problem where this glitch coincided with some TAP conflicts that only emeged after a power failure on Sunday night. Just making sure I figured out what caused what!

Thanks.