Just noticed Dave at Icetv's post count. Hope it isn't an omen, lol.  :P

Post another post, quickly Dave!!  ;D

Done. 667 now
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

IanL-S

Quote from: digmans on October 16, 2015, 05:55:39 PM
I'm losing nearly 4 years' subscription (which I paid for more than 120 days ago) -- but I couldn't be happier.

Same here ....  :)
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

MoDementia

Thank you, thank you, thank you
Beyonwiz T4 ->, My Rename Code ->, VideoRedo AutoProcessor ->, Synology 1815+ ->, Plex + MediaMonkey

tdprado

We can't have everything, but very happy the way things have turned out  :)

Pursya

I'm making a huge assumption here, but did the essential people in the IceTV hierarchy buy the business?
Because if they did then I believe the company is now in the best hands possible.
I also noted that someone posted that they may not be confident in subscribing again after doing their money on advance subscriptions.
Well the good news is you should never do more than 8 bucks under the new plans.
Though not an IceTV subscriber myself, I'm rapt that the program is up and running and that the staff now have some certainty in employment.
Good luck all.

Bu88leZ

Best news ever!!!

I spent yesterday trolling through the internet trying to find anything that would replace a tiny bit of functionality brought by IceTV and failed miserably.  Was not looking forward to Monday when I would have to go manual again.  Like others have said I just lost 4 years of subscription but could not be happier!!!

Thank you and well done!

prl

Article by Adam Turner in Fairfax about the resurrection deal (link to non-paywalled Canberra Times):  IceTV lives, but undelivered Skippa PVRs dead and buried

The sub-ed may not have read to the end of the article, though:
QuoteThe Skippa's auto-skip features will continue to work and are covered by the $7.99 per month subscription.
QuoteWith the existing manufacturing deal in tatters, there will be no more Skippa recorders produced until at least next year if the company can strike a deal with a manufacturer.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: digmans on October 16, 2015, 05:55:39 PM
I'm losing nearly 4 years' subscription (which I paid for more than 120 days ago) -- but I couldn't be happier.  My Beyonwiz T3 with IceTV offers the perfect set-and-forget FTA recording experience.  I know it's very much a first world problem, but I wasn't looking forward to setting up timers directly on the Beyonwiz.  The $7.99/mth will be well worth it.  Will we still be getting the "IcePicks" emails?

Yes, the IcePicks emails will continue, but could be up to two weeks before they start coming out again.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

denebarry

Great news. I'll be signing up.

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: johndevereux on October 16, 2015, 04:11:21 PM
This is great news Dave. Not sure if this is known fault or if it's just my account, Skippa doesn't turn up under device when trying to record in the IceTV app.

Try resetting the app from it's settings menu. Then after it has finished downloading the data go back to into settings then application information and check that it says 'Can record: yes' and check that it shows the correct Member ID.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Cobbyau

Yay, thanks very much, best news I've heard & great news for you & the staff as well. Would have been happy with just the guide being available, but even happier now I read that the Skippa function will work too  8)

NiallG

Ok well good to hear you guys are up and running again (EPG not Skippa).

however... 

I was really unimpressed that there was ZERO notification given to existing subscribers - all I received was the 3rd party Voluntary Administrator email which had news of our subscription $$ being lost quite literally buried 'in the fine print'. There was no information on when the service may be stopped/interrupted - although it stop getting updated on Tuesday. Short of staff/management here being banned from communicating with end users (which I doubt) - there's really no excuse for this behaviour - it just seemed like you guys decided 'stuff everyone, we're going under so why bother doing the right thing and letting people know what's going on'..  (PS: just posting stuff in the forum is not acceptable - you should have emailed at bare minimum).

Secondly, given it's basically all the same people/investors running IceTV v2 (whatever it's going to be called) - and essentially the same people who were holding the reigns - I think it's pretty unacceptable that you want to RECHARGE paid up subscribing customers a second time. I think all these users (including myself) should be given complimentary subscriptions for remainder of paid period + then you can start charging us again. If you go back and look at your records you'll see most of us have been subscribers for years (I think possibly 7 years or more for myself) - so it stands to reason that we'd resubscribe again as soon as paid period had expired (although monthly billing seems most sensible given risks to users).  While I understand the money has been swallowed in your Skippa fiasco (of which I have nothing to do with or a customer of) - it's about doing the right thing for goodwill and ongoing business - not doing a big short term money grab.

Once again sh*t happens, business goes stale, but it's about doing the 'right thing' no matter what. I try to support Aussie business where I can, but there's just a certain line that was crossed here. Anyhow - given the really poor behaviour/handling of what has happened (and the money regrab) - I'm now not sure if I've got the trust to resubscribe. There's plenty of working EIT + MHEG5 scrapers where I can just get the data myself - have all that working again now + was on verge of reconfiguring my setup to use it.

So I think it's in IceTV v2's court here, how about doing the right thing. You can start off by actually emailing everyone and telling them what's going on. Then have a good hard look at your recharge everyone business strategy - surely you can do better than that.

my 2 cents.

Niall

simoncasey

Quote from: NiallG on October 16, 2015, 07:39:23 PM
Ok well good to hear you guys are up and running again (EPG not Skippa).

however... 

I was really unimpressed that there was ZERO notification given to existing subscribers - all I received was the 3rd party Voluntary Administrator email which had news of our subscription $$ being lost quite literally buried 'in the fine print'. There was no information on when the service may be stopped/interrupted - although it stop getting updated on Tuesday. Short of staff/management here being banned from communicating with end users (which I doubt) - there's really no excuse for this behaviour - it just seemed like you guys decided 'stuff everyone, we're going under so why bother doing the right thing and letting people know what's going on'..  (PS: just posting stuff in the forum is not acceptable - you should have emailed at bare minimum).

Secondly, given it's basically all the same people/investors running IceTV v2 (whatever it's going to be called) - and essentially the same people who were holding the reigns - I think it's pretty unacceptable that you want to RECHARGE paid up subscribing customers a second time. I think all these users (including myself) should be given complimentary subscriptions for remainder of paid period + then you can start charging us again. If you go back and look at your records you'll see most of us have been subscribers for years (I think possibly 7 years or more for myself) - so it stands to reason that we'd resubscribe again as soon as paid period had expired (although monthly billing seems most sensible given risks to users).  While I understand the money has been swallowed in your Skippa fiasco (of which I have nothing to do with or a customer of) - it's about doing the right thing for goodwill and ongoing business - not doing a big short term money grab.

Once again sh*t happens, business goes stale, but it's about doing the 'right thing' no matter what. I try to support Aussie business where I can, but there's just a certain line that was crossed here. Anyhow - given the really poor behaviour/handling of what has happened (and the money regrab) - I'm now not sure if I've got the trust to resubscribe. There's plenty of working EIT + MHEG5 scrapers where I can just get the data myself - have all that working again now + was on verge of reconfiguring my setup to use it.

So I think it's in IceTV v2's court here, how about doing the right thing. You can start off by actually emailing everyone and telling them what's going on. Then have a good hard look at your recharge everyone business strategy - surely you can do better than that.

my 2 cents.

Niall

The company was is administration, so the things you are talking are under the control of the administrator.

bodogbodog

Quote from: NiallG on October 16, 2015, 07:39:23 PM
I think all these users (including myself) should be given complimentary subscriptions for remainder of paid period + then you can start charging us again

and what do you use to pay the staff delivering the service with no subscription income coming in?

The cupboard was bare - no dollars left - all gone - finito - kaput.....

They couldn't trade while insolvent - that's illegal

It was pretty simple - restructure the business (it seems a loan was not possible to do that with the old entity) - or put the business into voluntary administration and start afresh. Customers will make their own call on whether or not they see value in the new service - and that will determine both short term and long term viability

I'm in - even though every time I look at my Skippa it makes me angry
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

gsmith2409

I am absolutely delighted that that icetv will still be around. I really had no idea how I was going to survive. I was not looking forward to dealing with many manual steps for recording plus either recording repeats or missing things.

However I have slight issue with the price. I am fine to loose existing subscription; but the price going forward is too high. You know doubt will get us old subscribers signing up as we are so used to the system, but that price will never grow the business.

Anyway my two sents, but glad still alive
Humax HDR-7500T