A quick guide to setting Beyonwiz T series AutoTimers

Started by prl, October 14, 2015, 06:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

If you've been using IceTV on a Beyonwiz T series, you may want to switch over to AutoTimers using the broadcast EPG. I've written a quick guide ( http://www.beyonwiz.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=9641 ) to setting them up over on the Beyonwiz forum. Who knows, it may even become a proper FAQ one day :)

You'll have to copy/paste the link in your browser: the IceTV forum software makes a complete hash of it if you just click on it.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

csutak40

Quote from: prl on October 14, 2015, 06:45:11 PM
If you've been using IceTV on a Beyonwiz T series, you may want to switch over to AutoTimers using the broadcast EPG. I've written a quick guide to setting them up over on the Beyonwiz forum. Who knows, it may even become a proper FAQ one day :)

The link seems to be broken  ???  "The requested topic does not exist."
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

prl

Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

csutak40

Cheers,
Judy

prl

I've updated the link in the OP. It now points to what will become an FAQ on the Beyonwiz forum. It still eeds a bit more work, but it's already a good bit more comprehensive than the original.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

kpgduras

Now that ICETV is resurrected, do I have to delete all my T3 autotimers which I set up after deleting my ICETV autotimers before enabling ICETV??

csutak40

Quote from: kpgduras on October 17, 2015, 03:17:31 PM
Now that ICETV is resurrected, do I have to delete all my T3 autotimers which I set up after deleting my ICETV autotimers before enabling ICETV??

Good question.  I am about to buy a T4 and the plan is to play with autotimers, before decommissioning my Toppy, just to see how difficult/easy it is.  If I then decide to use IceTV anyway, I would prefer to keep the settings in autotimers, just in case  :-X
Cheers,
Judy

raymondjpg

Quote from: kpgduras on October 17, 2015, 03:17:31 PM
Don't delete them, just disable them. If IceTV doesn't survive beyond the effective life of the autotimers they can be re-enabled. For example you might have set up autotimers for your favourite shows.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

prl

Quote from: raymondjpg on October 17, 2015, 07:07:50 PM
Don't delete them, just disable them. If IceTV doesn't survive beyond the effective life of the autotimers they can be re-enabled. For example you might have set up autotimers for your favourite shows.

Disabling AutoTimers doesn't disable or delete the timers they have already generated, so unless you do that yourself, you'll get a week's worth of double recordings.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use