AutoSkip not working since upgrading to 1.1.10600

Started by Mantorok, October 09, 2015, 08:29:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mantorok

I've noticed that anything the Skippa has recorded since upgrading to 1.1.10600 has not been processed for AutoSkip.  I've tried rebooting it several times but its still not working.

In the IceTV settings it says its processing a recording but it never finishes.  See attachment for an example.  Notice that its busy with a recording from 8-Oct 7:25pm but the current time is 9-Oct 6:16am.  It can't be taking nearly 11 hours to process a 1 hour recording.  It's the only recording on the HDD too.

I've now formatted the HDD and have scheduled a recording during the day.  I'll check it tonight when I get home.

I noticed jas55 mentioned he's having problems too in another thread (http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/general/44/skippa-user-experience-so-far/4578/msg23301#msg23301)

Anyone else having problems?

ozmosys

Yep, I've got exactly the same problem. I've also done the reboot etc. with no success. Very frustrating as the AutoSkip functionality is the main reason I purchased Skippa. Hope we get a resolution very soon.

Cheers

Steve

IanL-S

It seems to be working form me; but I may have been looking at recordings processed before the update was applied.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Mantorok

Hi Ian,

Yes this only seems to be a problem for recordings created after the firmware upgrade (for me anyway).  Any recordings prior to the upgrade still have the AutoSkip data in them (ie. they have the little IceTV logo in the MY REC page).

IanL-S

I did some more checking and I have the same issue.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Heideho

Same here. I didn't connect it with the firmware update though. I assumed it was a server side activity that had been shut off with the issues about Administration for the company.
Brisbane

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Guys,

I can confirm that this is definitely a firmware bug, AutoSkip has not been disabled on any boxes.

I tried to get the next firmware released yesterday but was unsuccessful, I will be able to try again on Monday to get it released.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Heideho

Brisbane

Mantorok

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on October 10, 2015, 01:29:28 PM
Hi Guys,

I can confirm that this is definitely a firmware bug, AutoSkip has not been disabled on any boxes.

I tried to get the next firmware released yesterday but was unsuccessful, I will be able to try again on Monday to get it released.

Hi Daniel,

How are you going with getting that new firmware released?

Regards,
Mantorok

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Mantorok on October 12, 2015, 04:08:39 PM
Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on October 10, 2015, 01:29:28 PM
Hi Guys,

Hi Daniel,

How are you going with getting that new firmware released?

Regards,
Mantorok

For those looking for the next firmware update to re-enable AutoSkip see:
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/97066117-How-to-update-the-software-from-a-USB-stick
cheers

Dave
Customer Service