Skippa Wish List - things that need to be done to make World's Best PVR

Started by IanL-S, August 12, 2015, 04:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stretch4x4

I dunno I don't see why it wouldn't be possible..

We played back an in progress recording the other night.. Although I can't remember whether or not we had another recording going at the same time or not but don't see why it shouldn't work..

We turned off chase play to save some writing to the drive and because I channel flick so much the buffer wouldn't contain a full ep of anything anyway.. I wish that when it was off pushing the arrow buttons wouldn't flick up the skip indicators.. It doesn't do anything so why tell me you are trying to do something?

Which does bring me to my next question we were watching live a program that was recording, I tried to use chase play features to replay a part but couldn't.. however I was able to open up the recordings and chase play it that way.. Not sure why it can't just do that for me when I use the chase play features :/

csutak40

Quote from: drjacka on September 29, 2015, 09:47:36 PM
- The ability to prioritise series over other series. For example I has the Simpsons as a series but if all the tuners are busy and it wants to record top gear and top gear is a higher priority it should record top gear and not the Simpsons.

- The ability to reorder channels in the EPG

- The ability to have a show on one tuner using chase and one on another doing the same and switch between them and even pause one while watching the other

- If a show is being recorded and you change to that channel you should be able to rewind to the start point of the recording and not just the time you changed the channel.

These are all things TiVo (the very very old PVR) has done for years.
As did the Toppy 5K  with TAPs   :-X  And most of these, we have suggested to Heinz when he actually sought our opinion years ago.  What a waste of time that was!
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

IanL-S

I have not had a chance to update the listing in the first post. I am a bit overwhelmed with things at the moment.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

gas667

As a Ex-Tivo user there are 2 things I miss the most.

1. The ability to switch between the 2 tuners the TIVO had and being able to rewind/Chase each. Mildly missed.
2. Being able to control the pre and post padding for each recording. Badly missed.

Aussiebec

A remote control that has glow in the dark buttons and a sleeker design.  Maybe it's my small hands.

To be quieter in standby mode.  It is driving me nuts that it sounds like it is constantly running.  My Toppy was silent in standby.

Otherwise happy so far....

Soapy

Quote from: Carljh on September 26, 2015, 10:42:49 AM
As some of the firmware updates contain new features, would it be possible to list the changes on your website for all updates?

Please tell me that ICE is not serious about preventing skipping of future program promotions.  Those over-hyped (you know that excited voice-over guy with the deep scary voice) much repeated (start and finish of every break) promos are the most annoying things on television.  I think that they are worse than the actual commercials.  Surely there will be an option to skip them as well as the ads? Please?

JPP

And I'd like to add my request for an option to disable Auto-Skip processing altogether.
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

bodogbodog

Quote from: Aussiebec on October 01, 2015, 09:33:46 PM
Otherwise happy so far....

I really can't wait to be able to make a post like that...

Looks like mine has hardware issues so a replacement is on its way
One feature I definitely like is ad skipping which I've found is working well

Hopefully next Tuesday's firmware update moves us forward
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare