Transferring Existing Series Recordings to your SKIPPA

Started by Dave at IceTV, September 23, 2015, 01:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave at IceTV

Instead of manually editing each of your series recordings and changing the selected device, SKIPPA owners might want to wait a couple of days.

We are adding an option on the website make it easy to copy all of a device's series recordings to another device. This will be a big help for  anyone adding a new SKIPPA or T series Beyonwiz to their account to replace an existing device.

When you add a new device to your account you will be able to click on the Transfer option and have all of your old device's series recordings copied over to your new device.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

warkus

That's awesome Dave, Thanks heaps.

Should tie in nicely with the arrival of my unit next week...

IanL-S

Dave, could you also please make it possible so that you can reorder the position of a device - move it up or down. This is necessary as Toppys (other than the old TF7100HDPVRt - not the plus) only see the first four devices.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

prl

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on September 23, 2015, 01:26:57 PM
We are adding an option on the website make it easy to copy all of a device's series recordings to another device. This will be a big help for  anyone adding a new SKIPPA or T series Beyonwiz to their account to replace an existing device.
:D

Thanks, Dave.

A couple of questions, though:

• If the destination of the copy already has some series recordings that aren't in the source, will they be preserved?
  • If the destination of the copy already has some series recordings that are already in the source, how will they be handled?
  • Will only series recordings be copied? What about one-off recordings and "Preferences Based On Selection-Terms "?

I want to combine the recordings on two DP series Beyonwizes onto a Beyonwiz T4 that already has had some (quite a few, actually) series recordings copied to it already.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: prl on September 23, 2015, 03:44:31 PM
A couple of questions, though:

• If the destination of the copy already has some series recordings that aren't in the source, will they be preserved?
  • If the destination of the copy already has some series recordings that are already in the source, how will they be handled?
  • Will only series recordings be copied? What about one-off recordings and "Preferences Based On Selection-Terms "?

I want to combine the recordings on two DP series Beyonwizes onto a Beyonwiz T4 that already has had some (quite a few, actually) series recordings copied to it already.

Honestly I won't know until it is available on the test server. I do know that series and keyword recordings (preferences) will be copied. Not sure about single recordings that were set manually.

cheers

Dave
Customer Service

prl

Thanks for getting back about it.

It would be really, really nice if it could do those merges gracefully. I'm not so fussed about single recordings (e.g. movies) being copied over.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Dave at IceTV

Existing series/keywords set for the Destination device will be preserved as they are.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

prl

Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on September 23, 2015, 01:26:57 PM
When you add a new device to your account you will be able to click on the Transfer option and have all of your old device's series recordings copied over to your new device.
I missed that bit.

So will this feature only be available when a new device is set up?

Will I need to delete my T4 device, make a new device and then and then copy the DP recordings to it? Will it let me copy from more than one device?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Dave at IceTV

The option will always be available on the website. So at any time you can copy any device's series and keyword recordings to another device.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

rtraill

Dave, this is a great feature and thank you for doing this.
When I get my Skippa I will then have three devices that I will use to record TV programs.  It is a bit of a pain having to set each up to record one program, do you think we might have an option for "record to all devices" in addition to the current choice of having to choose what device you want to record to?  That would be most helpful.

ozmosys

Hi Guys,

I cannot see the "transfer" option anywhere on my account or series pages. Is this feature available yet?

Cheers

Steve

prl

Its actual implementation has not yet been announced.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

holden

I take it this feature is now on the back burner ?

IanL-S

Quote from: holden on October 18, 2015, 11:05:22 AM
I take it this feature is now on the back burner ?

I would say so. I suspect this would be something done by Daniel and he seems to be busy assisting with other more urgent things ... like getting the EPG running properly and making sure all the apps are still working properly.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help