Anyone received a Skippa yet?

Started by kavey8, August 27, 2015, 10:44:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Likkie

Quote from: FMB on September 16, 2015, 02:13:27 PM
Quote from: monksy on September 16, 2015, 01:05:22 PM
Has anyone received a Skippa yet or at least the shipping notification? I know I'm one of the last 1000 but hear nothing yet.

Nothing yet and I'm one of the early ones (I believe). Here's where I think the process is currently at (but it's just a guess).
The last we heard, they had arrived by plane in one country and had to be transferred to another plane for the rest of the journey. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we received an e-mail on Friday telling us that the second aircraft had mechanical problems. Due to local customs requirements, the shipment could not be removed from the aircraft to another aircraft.

The airline contacted Boeing who are out of stock of the damaged part. They have ordered more parts from their OEM and they are currently in a queue, awaiting production (assuming they don't get bumped for a larger order). Once the part is made, it will be shipped to Boeing in Seattle who have added extra staff to expedite delivery of the part to the country in question. Once received and fitted to the aircraft, the Skippa shipment will continue on it's way to Oz.

So, it looks like IceTV were right about delivery at the end of July. They just forgot to specify the year.

ROFL!  ;D

rpoppes

Quote from: gas667 on September 16, 2015, 02:09:26 PM
Has anyone received a Skippa yet or at least the shipping notification? I know I'm one of the last 1000 but hear nothing yet.

Nothing yet. My order is about 480th so may not be in the first (or is it the 2nd) delivery batch.

How did you find out your order number of 480? Contact icetv?
I can't see it on the order confirmation (only a tax invoice number).

Thanks in advance

gas667

Quote from: rpoppes on September 16, 2015, 03:56:12 PM
Quote from: gas667 on September 16, 2015, 02:09:26 PM

Nothing yet. My order is about 450th so may not be in the first (or is it the 2nd) delivery batch.

How did you find out your order number of 450? Contact icetv?
I can't see it on the order confirmation (only a tax invoice number).

Thanks in advance

I contacted Support a week or so ago when they were expected a small number in. Another forum member had a low number but ordered a month after I did and I just asked where I was in the queue. Ended up he got the month wrong and was a couple of days before me and therefore a few hundred slots above me.

CuriousGeorge

I also contacted them and was told that I was number 275 - I ordered on the first day pre-orders opened. The invocies seem to be sequential and mine is 201070, noting that other services/devices would be purchased.

FMB - pmsl - that is hilarious, however they may just use your story on Friday.

On a serious side, there is a little bit of legislation called the Trade Practices Act 1974 and it has a section on misleading and deceptive conduct. This is perhaps something that IceTV should review given their public statements on shipping, when they will be delivered and the fact that to date the devices have made it to Hong Kong. Section 18 staeres:

18 Misleading or deceptive conduct
(1) A person must not, in trade or commerce, engage in conduct that is misleading or deceptive or is likely to mislead or deceive.

rpoppes

From IceTv:

I can tell by your invoice number that your Skippa won't be in the first big shipment (which has left the factory and is on it's way to Australia). Butt he good news is that the rest of the Skippas are only 1 week behind the current batch. Being in Melbourne you may just receive it before the end of the month as promised.
---

CuriousGeorge

rpoppes - the key word being "may"....followed by as promised. I say that to my kids about Christmas presents, I promise to get you xxx and I may give it to you.

rpoppes

Quote from: CuriousGeorge on September 17, 2015, 09:15:31 AM
rpoppes - the key word being "may"....followed by as promised. I say that to my kids about Christmas presents, I promise to get you xxx and I may give it to you.

EXACTLY what I was thinking!!!

Mantorok

Quote from: CuriousGeorge on September 17, 2015, 09:03:46 AM
I also contacted them and was told that I was number 275 - I ordered on the first day pre-orders opened. The invocies seem to be sequential and mine is 201070, noting that other services/devices would be purchased.

If your invoice number is 201070 and you are 275th in the queue then, assuming all orders are for Skippas, the 1st person in the queue would have invoice number 200796.

So if you want to work out where you are roughly in the queue just subtract 200795 from your invoice number. Obviously this would be more accurate for those that ordered early as more non-Skippa orders would have been placed in between.

That would put me in the first 50 orders. I have yet to receive any email saying my Skippa has shipped though.  :(

gas667

Quote from: Mantorok on September 17, 2015, 09:44:56 AM
Quote from: CuriousGeorge on September 17, 2015, 09:03:46 AM

If your invoice number is 201070 and you are 275th in the queue then, assuming all orders are for Skippas, the 1st person in the queue would have invoice number 200796.

So if you want to work out where you are roughly in the queue just subtract 200795 from your invoice number. Obviously this would be more accurate for those that ordered early as more non-Skippa orders would have been placed in between.

That would put me in the first 50 orders. I have yet to receive any email saying my Skippa has shipped though.  :(

My invoice number is 201241 and I'm 447 on the wait list so your maths hold true.  :)

Not good that you're in the first 50 and haven't got it. Couldn't have been many in the 1st shipment.  :(

EdQld

[/quote]

Well if correct, I would be no 14, surely in the first batch?

But alas, I have not heard anything either  :'(

prl

Quote from: Mantorok on September 17, 2015, 09:44:56 AM... If your invoice number is 201070 and you are 275th in the queue then, assuming all orders are for Skippas, the 1st person in the queue would have invoice number 200796. ...

That's a big assumption. Why would IceTV have separate invoice numbers just for Skippa orders? The invoice number for my most recent subscription (mid-2014) was 185291. That's consistent with a single numbering applying to (at least) both subscriptions and Skippa orders.

Perhaps someone with a recent subscription invoice might like to compare their invoice number with the numbers being posted for Skippa orders.

I think the only thing the invoice number and queue position tell us is "If your invoice number is 201070 and you are 275th in the queue then the 1st person in the queue would have invoice number no greater than 200796". Which is rather less useful.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

pkealley

My invoice number was 200800 which would put me very early in the list but according to Dave there were quite a few before me.

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on September 05, 2015, 10:48:38 PM

12:02:46 was the cutoff point as there were quite a few who ordered before 12:02:46. As you ordered at 12:03:56 yours will be sent the very first day they start shipping when the rest of the SKIPPAs arrive next week.

I'm mighty impressed with all the people that managed to place their orders so quickly.

I still have not received any details regarding shipping.   

Although I have been a fan and supporter of IceTV for a long time the way they keep telling us one thing and not delivering is becoming quite annoying.  Their communication has gone from being poor to bordering on misleading.

If another e-mail is sent out 5pm on Friday saying another delay I will be very disappointed.

Pk.

Mantorok

Perhaps CuriousGeorge was told he was 275th in the queue of outstanding orders.  ie.  Not where he was in the queue of all orders (including those small amount that have now been fulfilled).

gas667

Quote from: pkealley on September 17, 2015, 11:30:05 AM

My invoice number was 200800 which would put me very early in the list but according to Dave there were quite a few before me.

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on September 05, 2015, 10:48:38 PM

12:02:46 was the cutoff point as there were quite a few who ordered before 12:02:46. As you ordered at 12:03:56 yours will be sent the very first day they start shipping when the rest of the SKIPPAs arrive next week.

I'm mighty impressed with all the people that managed to place their orders so quickly.

I still have not received any details regarding shipping.   

Although I have been a fan and supporter of IceTV for a long time the way they keep telling us one thing and not delivering is becoming quite annoying.  Their communication has gone from being poor to bordering on misleading.

If another e-mail is sent out 5pm on Friday saying another delay I will be very disappointed.

Pk.

The invoice numbers work out for my order as well. It would appear you are in the top few.

As we haven't heard from anyone who has received their Skippa yet has anyone actually received their shipping confirmation let alone the Skippa itself. No one on the forums at least. I do think that is unusual.

Starting to worry that the little evidence we have, and to be fair it is slight, is pointing to another disappointing Friday email (if we're lucky).

IanL-S

On Tuesday evening I was provided with the following information:

"We are still expecting the tracking numbers for this entire mass shipment of Skippas to be to sent to consumers this week and customers to start receiving their Skippas a couple of days later (depending on where they are located)."

Not sure what this really means. Presumably tracking numbers will not be sent before the units are prepared for delivery. So, it may be we get the tracking numbers Friday night and first deliveries are not until early next week.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help