Started by Mantorok, July 17, 2013, 01:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bodogbodog

Quote from: Heinz on December 02, 2013, 05:58:56 PM
When we get closer to the release date, we will be looking for beta users  :o
Heinz / IceTV
Still the plan?
Volunteers please line up behind me  ;D ;D ;D
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

IanL-S

Dave

With latest Firefox build (Win8.1 64) I get the problem with email link and IceTV Home Page. It works if I use Chrome.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

IanL-S

There is a subsequent post by Heinz saying they had decided to dispense with that proposal. Concerns about delays to release was, if I recall correctly, the reason given.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

bodogbodog

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on April 03, 2015, 01:16:15 PM
For those that cannot access the skippa.tv website:
- What browser are you using?
- What operating system?
I can confirm it is working fine on Win 8 with Chrome and IE 11 browsers
Haven't seen anyone having issues with access among those discussing this on Whirlpool either
Those WP threads are @ http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2390297 and http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2128980&p=2
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: IanL-S on April 03, 2015, 01:19:49 PM
With latest Firefox build (Win8.1 64) I get the problem with email link and IceTV Home Page. It works if I use Chrome.
Thanks Ian,

Can you try clearing the cache in Firefox (press Ctrl+F5).
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

JPP

FireFox Vs 36 works OK with the embedded link.
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

JPP

Quote from: bodogbodog on April 03, 2015, 01:18:55 PM
Quote from: Heinz on December 02, 2013, 05:58:56 PM
When we get closer to the release date, we will be looking for beta users  :o
Heinz / IceTV
Still the plan?
Volunteers please line up behind me  ;D ;D ;D
Hmmm... just 3 tuners... pity that.
I wonder also how flexible the manual skipping is. Important as you do need it when Chase Playing, i.e. before the firmware has had a chance to do the skip ads algorithm which by my reading of the specs is only done at the end of the recording
Phil.

bodogbodog

Quote from: JPP on April 03, 2015, 01:42:19 PM
Hmmm... just 3 tuners... pity that.
I wonder also how flexible the manual skipping is. Important as you do need it when Chase Playing, i.e. before the firmware has had a chance to do the skip ads algorithm which by my reading of the specs is only done at the end of the recording
Yes - seems strange to apply that limit but I can live with three I think - I always have a Media Center TV running with a dual tuner it along with my PVR - so 5 tuners should suffice
I think you're right on "chase playing" although I hate doing that as inevitably you catch up and are stuck watching adverts later in the programme - I prefer to watch shows after they're finished. From the Skippa site it says "AutoSkip takes about the same time as the length of a recording"

Dave at IceTV

The issue with the skippa.tv website has been fixed. Those who had the login prompt previously may still need to clear the cache in their browser.

As per all other devices that can use IceTV, on the skippa box you can manually skip forward or back and skip ads at any time including when chasing playing (until you catch up to the live time).

With the 3 tuners you can record 6 shows at once (from 3 networks). You could record 7, 7two, 7mate, Ten, Eleven and ABC1. It would be very rare that someone would want to record from 4 networks at the same time. But a 2nd Skippa box in another room would solve that.  :)
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

bodogbodog

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on April 03, 2015, 02:38:57 PMWith the 3 tuners you can record 6 shows at once (from 3 networks). You could record 7, 7two, 7mate, Ten, Eleven and ABC1. It would be very rare that someone would want to record from 4 networks at the same time. But a 2nd Skippa box in another room would solve that.  :)
Thanks for clarifying and sounds good to me as 3 networks recording multiple channels concurrently should suffice

JPP

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on April 03, 2015, 02:38:57 PM
........ But a 2nd Skippa box in another room would solve that.  :)
Ah, does that mean that ala BeyonWiz, that you can access AND control a second Skippa via the first? I.e. you can see the list of recordings on the second Skippa, select a file/recording and then fully control playback from the first Skippa as if the recording was stored on it?
Phil.

JPP

Quote from: bodogbodog on April 03, 2015, 02:44:11 PM
Quote from: Dave at IceTV on April 03, 2015, 02:38:57 PMWith the 3 tuners you can record 6 shows at once (from 3 networks). You could record 7, 7two, 7mate, Ten, Eleven and ABC1. It would be very rare that someone would want to record from 4 networks at the same time. But a 2nd Skippa box in another room would solve that.  :)
Thanks for clarifying and sounds good to me as 3 networks recording multiple channels concurrently should suffice
Being able to record six HD streams at once is more than enough, it's just that it's pretty rare, that I need to record two programmes from the same network. When it's rating time, each network has usually only ONE good show with the other sub channels showing repeats.
Phil.

EdQld

I must admit most of the time being able to record from 3 Networks would be enough (they have such poor programing these days!), but last month I did need to record from 4 Networks and that's the reason I would have preferred a 4 Tuner PVR  :)

One saving grace now is the ability to stream content from services like Stan (happily using it at the moment) and Netflix, making FTA TV less relevant

EdQld

Will the Skippa be able to deal effectively with recorded consecutive programs on the same channel, with padding overlap? (the BW T3 does this very well apparently)

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: JPP on April 03, 2015, 02:54:15 PM
Quote from: Dave at IceTV on April 03, 2015, 02:38:57 PM
........ But a 2nd Skippa box in another room would solve that.  :)
Ah, does that mean that ala BeyonWiz, that you can access AND control a second Skippa via the first? I.e. you can see the list of recordings on the second Skippa, select a file/recording and then fully control playback from the first Skippa as if the recording was stored on it?
I'm not sure. I've never had 2 on the same network at the same time. I'll check it out on Tuesday.

Quote from: EdQld on April 03, 2015, 03:26:23 PM
Will the Skippa be able to deal effectively with recorded consecutive programs on the same channel, with padding overlap? (the BW T3 does this very well apparently)
Yes. Just like the T3, skippa will record all back-to-back recordings on the same channel with your pre-set padding included, even if the padding overlaps another recording on the same channel.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service