Error updating timers on T3

Started by atom, January 10, 2015, 12:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

atom

Hi,

I can't get my timers to update. According to the log the errors are as follows:

QuoteCan not update timers: 406 Client Error: Not Acceptable
"error_code": "49", "error_msg": "Invalid Show ID"

Any advice on how to fix this would me much appreciated thanks!

grampus

Quote from: atom on January 10, 2015, 12:32:30 PM
Hi,

I can't get my timers to update. According to the log the errors are as follows:

QuoteCan not update timers: 406 Client Error: Not Acceptable
"error_code": "49", "error_msg": "Invalid Show ID"

Any advice on how to fix this would me much appreciated thanks!
My Ice log also shows this error every time there is an update called for and received,  but I get the EPG and any timers set via Ice OK as far as I can see..
But I would like to understand what it means.
BeyonWiz, T3

Dave at IceTV

Atom, please see the following knowledgebase article for steps on fixing your issue.
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/45514040-Why-is-Media-Center-very-slow-or-CPU-usage-very-high

Grampus, yes, usually an invalid show id error is harmless and clears itself after the next IceTV fetch, or within 5 days.

It could occur if the server and Media Center get of sync for a particular schedule. Maybe if you delete a schedule and then recreate it before the Media Center knows it has been deleted. Or creating and then deleting, or making multiple edits to, a schedule may cause the recorder and server to get of sync as well. This would be because the recorders only check for changes once every 15 minutes or so and they may not correctly handle multiple conflicting commands on the same show id in the one fetch.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

prl

Atom asked about a Beyonwiz T3 problem, not a Media Centre problem. The instructions on the page linked to don't make much sense for a T3.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

grampus

Quote from: prl on January 11, 2015, 12:20:00 PM
Atom asked about a Beyonwiz T3 problem, not a Media Centre problem. The instructions on the page linked to don't make much sense for a T3.
The query should really be put in the Beyonwiz t3 forum.
At this moment it's not a problem to me n the T3 just a cosmetic.
BeyonWiz, T3

prl

Seeing that it's an IceTV server-generated error, this seems a good place to ask the question.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

grampus

The error report now has disappeared on my T3.
Maybe something is phsycic?
It was present in the log at the end of every update when I checked over the last few months, (well I think)
Until this morning

BeyonWiz, T3

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: prl on January 11, 2015, 12:20:00 PM
My mistake. I've only ever seen that error message in media centre and didn't notice the subject or the forum section it was posted in.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

atom

Thanks for the replies all. I'm still getting the error, but will give it a while longer and see if it clears. As suggested, timers are being loaded at least.  :)