Humax 4Tune

Started by TobyDog, October 29, 2014, 07:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TobyDog

I've had this PVR for about a month now & generally find it very good but oh boy does it do some frustrating things at times....I've tried to list a few in case others have experienced the same/similar thing....
1. Sometimes pressing record on a live show will not start recording. -Switching off seems to be the only fix.
2. The red record light around the front panel button stays red even when it's not recording. -This one takes a cold boot to clear.
3. The EPG is very slow navigating & each channel occupies too much space seriously limiting the amount of on screen info. Having had Topfields for years with TAPS I've been spoilt I know but hey come on guys do we really need all those pretty channel icons which take up so much space?
4. It takes way too long to boot up from cold but is very fast from standby.
5. and finally of course it needs to be ICE compatible!!!! (Which currently it's not btw)

Generally what it does it does extremely well ie I'm yet to have a channel timer clash & between my wife and I we do record heaps.

eorgias

please include ICETV on the Humax 4 tune -is this expected to happen?

Rich88

As there has been no activity on this topic for a year, I guess there has been no change. Does anyone know (ICE TV staff?) if the ICE TV system is ever likely to be integrated with this Server. I currently have several shows on at the same time so 4 tuners would be an upgrade from my present Humax - at least I do get time conflict emails to make adjustments or resort to the Foxtel recorder.   

dpurdie

Another vote for Ice TV support on the Humax 4Tune.

MD

I'm afraid Humax will not integrate the IceTV functionality into the 4tune. Believe me I've tried. The main reason is that the 4tune is reaching the end of its life so the future sales benefit to them would be limited.  There will be a new multi-tuner Humax PVR out early-mid 2018 which will replace it and we will definitely be integrated with that product from day one.

Jondalar

Very sad to see that, I bought the 4Tune on the advertising which said IceTV would be "coming soon", one died and I could have had a store credit under extended warranty but silly me I got a replacement... Just have to hope it dies too, which given the poor quality seems likely.

MD

I'd have thought you could still get a replacement 2tune as the 4tune was bought in error?